Ladies, please explain your behavior

by Elsewhere 80 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Elsewhere, I am sorry this happened to you. I don't think you should take it personally.

Let me tell you a story.

A friend of mine invited a girl to senior prom. Before he left the house to go pick her up, she called and gave some excuse like "we're still eating dinner" or something and told him to pick her up about an hour later.

So, he gets to the house. He meets mom and dad. Girl is still upstairs in her room getting ready. He waits. And he waits.

Finally, mom goes up to check on her. About twenty-thirty minutes later, mom comes down and announces girl is having trouble getting her hair just right. But she will be down right away.

Still he waits. How much entertainment can you have sitting there being scrutinized by mom and pop? He said pop was very friendly and nonchalant about the whole thing. He didn't seem to be disconcerted or care; but mother seemed a little anxious about her daughter.

Finally mother goes up and practically has to drag daughter down the stairs.

It is almost ten o'clock before they leave her house.

By the time they got to the prom, they only had less than an hour and people were already leaving.

I never heard much about this person again till years later when she came up in a conversation. Someone who knew her better, said she had some kind of phobia and could not leave the house.

She was always talking to people on phone and telling them she would come with them, etc. like this girl did to you....and she would never show up either. She didn't really make excuses for her behavior or give any phony dramatic reasons. She was kind of like your girl...just a promise to make it up or something like that.

I also heard that when her family tried to get her to go to some family function, a wedding or something, they had to drag her to the car and she squatted down on the floorboard and would not look out the windows during the entire trip. She was nervous and crying about the trip the whole time. At least this is the story that was reported to me.

I know there must be a name for a condition like this, but I don't know what it is.

I just know if this girl starts putting you through mental gymnastics right off the bat...it's probably best to clear the wreckage off the tracks and wait for the next train.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Ya know what - don't even worry about the reason for her inexcusable behavior. It's not even worth thinking about. Just move on and do not contact her again, and ignore or rebuff any attempts on her part to contact you.

As far as "Ladies, explain your behavior", a lady would not behave in this way. I certainly would not, nor would most women including those on JWD. You just dodged a bullet.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sorry you went through this, ....thats just low class, self centered behavior. I can't imagine doing this to anyone I know...Never did, never will..

Find a nicer girl....this is not typical. What a little low class snot.

r.

• moshe
    moshe

Until you know what her shopping list for a man looks like, it will be a mystery to you why she behaves the way she does. Women are attracted to men who have money , power and the nickname of "tripod". Do you have two out of those three?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Next time, let me know, I miss dallas big time!!

I'll either kick her ass, or go to a show!! LOL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I stood up only one person on a date, He later became my husband.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I'll either kick her ass, or go to a show!! LOL

Hehe How about both!?

Elsewhere, I gotta ask you to do some deep sould searching here. Remove yourself from the sitch a bit if you can. Was there ever any indication that this chick might be shallow and self centered? I'm gonna bet there was.

"Ladies" nothin', this person is worthless.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

"I stood up only one person on a date, He later became my husband."

See what i mean? Its the chick test. Checkin to see how much shit you'll put up with. Show the worst. If he put up with that... husband material.

• Mary
    Mary

That is incredibly ignorant and inexcusable. Being late? Well, okay, traffic can always be a problem so I'd give her that. The rest of her behaviour was pathetic and immature. My advise? Do not ask her out again, period. Don't return her phone calls and don't listen to her bullshit excuses.

• beksbks
    beksbks

IP, bull.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit