Ladies, please explain your behavior

by Elsewhere 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I recently asked a girl out. She was excited to go so we nailed down some plans and I bought some tickets for a live show at a theater.

The show was for 7:30 PM on Friday. She was to meet me at 6:30 PM. I called at 5:30 PM to make sure all was good. She said she was late and would arrive at 7:00.

7:00 comes around and she calls to say she hasn't even left yet! (it's about a 30 - 45 minute drive)

She texts me again that she will be even later... then later... then the show was over.

She never showed up and as I was leaving the theater she texted me that she would make it up to me by buying me dinner tonight.

Well, it's tonight and she did not return my call earlier today.

WTF???

• dinah
    dinah

She must not be that into you. (and she's a bitch)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't know. She seemed very excited and was always making eyes at me every time we would cross paths. She also wanted to talk a lot with me on the phone (she kept the calls going, not me).

Now one day later she won't even answer the phone.

I just don't get it.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i cannot possibly explain that behaviour!!

male, female or armadillo..... that person is displaying
    some of the rudest behaviour i have heard about in a long time...
    and i live with teenaged boys!

proceed with caution!

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Dude, if you had treated a girl like that you wouldn’t have had chance to make it up to her and buy her dinner… You would be down the road….

As has been said, that is just plain rude. No excuses for that….

• Satanus
    Satanus

The first call about her being late should set off a warning bell. The second call about being late should have turned em all on You need to do the total ignore thing w her. I mean, if you see her, treat her as if she's invisible, inaudible, etc. Then she'll start to get interested again. What will you do then?

S

Ps, okay, carry on splainin, ladies.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sounds like there is no good explanation, and who cares to hear a dishonest or lame explanation?

Just curious, what was the live show?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The show was "Cheech and Chong - Light up America" at the Majestic Theater in Downtown Dallas.

A once-in-a-life-time chance to see them together again.

And yes, she knew well in advance what the show was.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Dude, as a person with over 50 years' experience of femalehood, I can't imagine treating a guy that way. She's excited, she's apologetic but still excited, then she doesn't show, she offers to make it up to you and then doesn't.

I dunno. Don't waste time with such a flake.

g ently f eral

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe she changed her mind at the very last minute

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit