"Something in the congregation is hindering the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit" - witch hunt JW style?

by slimboyfat 68 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I always viewed God's HS as his power.

I never viewed it as an inanimate object that could be hindered.

That's something I never bought into because it didn't seem possible.

And, how could God's power get its feelings hurt by way of a good grieving by someone?

Never made sense to me.

The whole idea of getting rid of something or doing something to get or get rid of a spirit is a very pagan idea.

I use sage when I want to get rid of negative influences in my house or just for aura cleansing.

Whether real or just psychological, it works for me. Yes, I'm on the superstitious side just a little. It's fun, too.

Now, if I can just find my eye of protection (Hindu), I'll be just peachy.

What the JW's do when attempting to keep JH's HS in the congregation flowing smoothly sounds like Fung Shui, or the Aztecs who offered up human hearts, or the Egyptians who honored the sun every morning to keep it rising evern day.

All the things God did in the Bible show him to be a volcano god (thanks Faithful Poster).

Maybe Jehovah needs more virgins.

Oh, been there; done that? I'm late.

It's superstitious to the core!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

our old cong had this so called "bad spirit/not having Jerkobahs blessing" and of course the rumour mill starts about secret sinning, possible removal of the whole body of elders, nothing quite as scandalous as that though, hardly any of them were doing FS, a couple were heavy drinkers,little bit of nepotism, and that was that basically.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This SP isn't Charlie Scurlock by any chance? He used this very tactic when he was a CO. And stated that he had used it before when he was a SP. It results in paranoia and spying and exposes a number of hidden sins. Nothing to do HS in action, just Phsycology applied to a high control group.

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

WEIRD BECAUSE...In our cong. I know of a brother thathad comitted fornacation and never told....But he was appointed and a MS just a few months ago......Holy spirit???? I think not.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

I remember this being said after an elder child molester was found out. Which is kinda funny because the ones I heard talking about it never went out in service. But I'm sure they felt justified in their feelings about it because the congregation has grown a lot since then from people moving in.

NLW's wife

• Listener
    Listener

If they feel that HS is lacking within the congregation then they need to look at the bigger picture. The congregations are formed from the organisation and it all starts at the top. Individuals could not possibly be blocking any flow of HS, they can't pass it on from themselves to other individuals. Besides the org chucks the unspiritual out and they are shunned so any bad influence could not affect them.

• pirata
    pirata

My hall is has a good spirit and is doing well spiritually (according to JW definitions). That means that having an active member on JWN does not impede the holy spirit. Whew!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

God's almighty holy spirit, powerful enough to create the entire universe, shape laws of nature, but when you are jerking off in the KH bathroom, it's powerless and the whole congregation is doomed.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

perhaps they are fishing...

you know... now everybody will confess some secret little sin in case it is them.

and the elders shall revel in the filthy stories of masturbation and premarital touching... but no child molesters will come forth.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit