"Something in the congregation is hindering the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit" - witch hunt JW style?

by slimboyfat 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Ah yes, the workings of a cult. What I'd like to know is, where was Jehovah's spirit when Rutherford ran the organization??

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I used to believe this, till I went to my first elders meeting. All I saw were a bunch of men with personality problems, mine included, trying to do an amateurish job at "shepherding" and serving as some kind of religious leader.

Any and all "spirit" related problems in a congregation are in direct proportion to the personality and "common sense" of the elders in that congregation. (or lack therof)

• dinah
    dinah

Yep, same thing happened in my old congregation. They started in on the teenagers too.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Ah yes, the workings of a cult. What I'd like to know is, where was Jehovah's spirit when Rutherford ran the organization??

Good question! And ironically Rutherford taught:

By his spirit, the holy spirit, Jehovah God guides or leads his people up to a certain point of time, and thus he did until the time when "the comforter" was taken away, which would necessarily occur when Jesus, the Head of his organization, came to the temple and gathered unto himself those whom he found faithful when he, as the great Judge, began his judgment, in 1918. (Preservation, 1932, p.193-194)
    With the coming of the Lord to his temple and the gathering together unto himself of the chosen ones (2 Thes. 2:1) the holy spirit would there cease to function as a paraclete or advocate for the church. (ibid., p. 46)

http://www.freeminds.org/history/rutherfd.htm

• Gregor
    Gregor

The elders know what they are talking about. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. When the BOE squat around the fire and toss the bones on the ground they can clearly see that someone is poisoning the spirit in cong. Coming up short on financial obligations to the mother org. is the clearest sign of bad ju ju.

The South Lake Congregation just before the cleansing ritual:

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Interesting subject. I have an uncle who was an elder, he and my father attended the society's special training in 1969 for cong. overseers. The elder arrangement was not in effect then. Any way My dad and his brother attended together. My uncle was telling my father that he felt God's spirit was no longer on the congregation. There were alot of problems and my uncle blamed all the other brothers for the problems. My father and uncle were very close to each other and got along great, but that was about the change. You see my uncle had a terrible secret that he was harbouring. He was a pedophile. For years he was molesting his two beautiful children. How did the truth come out, well I guess my uncle though he was invincible, but when he tried it on a neighbours child that child told on him and then the whole truth came out. I do believe he destroyed his children for life and he destroyed his wife and his kids and the congregation he lied to. So when my father found out all of this he was devasted and then his parents had to be told because he was going to prison for what he did. Well that just like killed his mom and dad. After a while the congregation had to be disolved as there was no repairing the mess my uncle made. It is true that the spirit of God had stop working apparently upon the cong. and I guess that was the end of it. The Society sent several of the witnesses to a near by town and then of course he is disfellowship. His children and his wife seemed to disappear of the planet, I have been trying for years to find them and to no avail. Perhaps they don't want to be found. But I would love to hear from them. Just to know that they are somewhat okay. My uncle destroyed many peoples lives. When he showed up at my fathers funeral I wanted to go over and kick him so damn hard you can guess where and then punch him out and tell him to get the hell away from our family. I don't know what stoped me that day, it must have been because it was the my fathers funeral. I am sure my father would have approved . I hope the bastard rots in hell forever.

Orangefatcat

• flipper
    flipper

SLIMBOYFAT- " Something in the congregation is hindering the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit " ? Yeah, you're right. It's called the " governing body " of the WT society. Something's hindering the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit to the entire damned organization ! Corruption starts at the top in any organization

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So there is clearly nothing hindering the flow of crap emanating from the GB on this matter then?

• flipper
    flipper

SLIMBOYFAT- Nothing but their own " spiritual constipation" ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• StAnn
    StAnn

Orangefatcat, was this your dad's brother or your mom's brother? If it was your dad's brother, it must have been even harder on him. Any signs of this kind of behavior when he was a child?

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit