"Something in the congregation is hindering the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit" - witch hunt JW style?

by slimboyfat 68 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

"Something in the congregation is hindering the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit"

And then every teenage boy in that congo that secretly masturbates gets a guilty conscience.

BTS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Tribal WarriorTribal WarriorTribal WarriorTribal WarriorTribal Warrior................................. LMAO at Outlaw!

Congwreckgation. Billy, please add that to the Apostate dictionary!!

LDH, these really do seem like Nazi tactics. This is just unbelievable!

These superstitions just blow my mind.

WT portrays evil in its purest form...psych ops.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Tribal WarriorTribal WarriorTribal WarriorTribal WarriorTribal Warrior................................. LMAO at Outlaw!

Congwreckgation. Billy, please add that to the Apostate dictionary!!

LDH, these really do seem like Nazi tactics. This is just unbelievable!

These superstitions just blow my mind.

WT portrays evil in its purest form...psych ops.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes, this happened in the congregation I attended. It went stagnant for years. This was after the first initial elder appointments and those appointed were any moron wearing pants with a family whose kids answered at the Sunday Meeting. Then they added any additional idiot fresh out of 4 years at Bethel who had gone in at 18.

A real group of ego's in polyester out of control.....with big briefcases sporting their initials.

Out of the 8 in charge here is their legacy.

The first with 4 teenagers wound up having an affair with his wife's study who had 5 little boys....(who I use to baby sit when he picked her up for that study)

The next, was a beast that beat his wife to a pulp behind closed doors, no one knew until she died of a heart attack at age 44.)

Then there was a pimple faced moron fresh out of Bethel who thought he was a prince, instantly married, and then produced the most rebellious red haired kid you could ever imagine. (They had to sit in the last row their entire parenthood)

There was my father who suffered from Manic Depression......he was jovial and great at the meetings but we suffered with his anger at home. He was a great provider but mostly angry....out of sight at the KH, but could switch it on for out siders.

There was the holier than thou Man and his wife but his family constantly was emabarrassing him.

There were the "just unders".....waiting to get approved to read, clean bathrooms, or run the literature counter......bigger and better bad stuff all the way around.

Rumours and gossip were rampant......Oral sex, wife beating, to touchy feely with teenaged daughters.....then there were problems with all the dating, beards, mustches, hair too long, skirts too tight, skirts to short. People pioneering and really just fooling around, listening to worldly music, .......on an on it went.......

The Congregation got the rep as not having "God's Spirit" many years later after all was exposed. (Funny at the age of 15, that was already figured out in my mind)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I used to eat this garbage up when I was a true beleiver. Then I thought about the many older ones in the congregation who had been faithful for 30 and 40 years, (I was in an OLD congregation) it occured to me that it would be unfair to hold them responsible for the sinful nature of some child or adult who was making mistakes. That injustice is one of the things that helped me question the authority of the Watchtower scare tactics. W.Once

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

True Witnesses of Jehovah would divine via the Urim and Thummin, then offer up a bunch of bloody animal sacrifices.

If not congregants, first.

~Sue

• Mary
    Mary
    What I'd like to know is, where was Jehovah's spirit when Rutherford ran the organization??

The only spirit Rutherfraud was familiar with came in the shape of a 40 ouncer courtesy of Al Capone.

• chickpea
    chickpea

back in the day there was a CO named mark spencer
    who actually said in a BOE meeting..

a little bird has told me that there is a grieving
    of the spirit in this congregation and it starts with you brothers......

(told to me by elder/friend in that meeting, with deep humility, i might add)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

there must be something going on that is preventing Jehovah's holy spirit from operating properly.

So Jehovah's holy spirit can be so easily neutralized by a little sinning in a single congregation? Or is this another example of their concept of "divine justice" where many must suffer for the actions of a few?

One would thing a loving, just, almighty God could do a little better than that.

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Once upon a lifetime ago, my dear and I travelled to Washington state to meet those who were inviting us to 'serve where the need was great'. In a private meeting with the CO, who had been shipped in by the GB a year previous, we were told that in the past year there had been [if I recall the number correctly] around 60 people in the local congregations disfellowshipped or reproved. Most of them young people it sounded like.

I think he told us that to make us aware that not all that looked rosy was rosy.

We did not move. That bit of information was not the only reason, but it was a big part of our thinking at the time. Apparently Jeehober's Holy Spirit was grieving quite a bit over there.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit