How do you best mend a broken heart?

by Newborn 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

beksbks

Al Green rules

• undercover
    undercover
    It's just that I'm in a long distance relationship and I'm afraid it won't last...

Long distance ones are tough...but look at it this way: if it doesn't last, better to know now before making an even bigger committment later and learning then it wasn't going to work.

Sounds easy and flip, I know, but the older you get the more practical you get and take if from this old dog; time heals these types of wounds. I've been around along enough to see a few of mine own mended.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Long distance ones are tough...but look at it this way: if it doesn't last, better to know now before making an even bigger committment later and learning then it wasn't going to work.

True...I will however try to enjoy it as long as it lasts...who knows...

• beksbks
    beksbks

He's right. I just realized I can listen to Al Green again, and a lot of other stuff I haven't been able to for almost 8 years.

• Newborn
    Newborn

just realized I can listen to Al Green again, and a lot of other stuff I haven't been able to for almost 8 years.

Wonderful!!

(why couldn't you before? not allowed by WT?)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It's just that I'm in a long distance relationship and I'm afraid it won't last...

I understand your fear. Every love I have had has been taken from me somehow. You probably just need to concentrate on what you have today. Enjoy it now. No one is guaranteed anything but right now.

I've heard the pain of breaking up described in this way: when you fall in love with someone (or even into infatuation), your brain releases endorphins. When the person is pulled away from you for whatever reason, you experience withdrawal symptoms like you do when you stop taking a habit forming medication. It is suggested that this is why you feel such pain and emptiness upon absence or breakup/divorce. The things that tend to work for coming off a med or subtance will also work for a breakup. And of course, as it's been pointed out, good friends and family can help you so much. Their love and support will keep you focusing on the fact that you are valuable and loveable, two very important things to remember during a break up.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Thanks FHN

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

You cannot coz life is sh*t.

mtsgrad

• Newborn
    Newborn

You cannot coz life is sh*t.

Don't say that...positive thinking please mts!!

(but I know you're having a hard time right now so I forgive you...this time)

• rebel8
    rebel8

"Lots and lots of boos."

boo
    boo
    boo
    boo
    boo
    All better now? :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest