How do you best mend a broken heart?

by Newborn 83 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I guess it is time. The worst of it is when it keeps happening and you feel like your heart just will never get the chance to mend.

• mtsgrad
  • Spectre
    Spectre

^^^ Awesome version of that song!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    ^^^ Awesome version of that song!

Absolutely! I love the movie, too. Spectre! Good to see you. One of my favorite JWD posters. Hope your holidays were great.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

When I was younger and prone to having my heart broken I would throw myself into my work. I would also build model airplanes and do a bit of drinking as well. I tend to fall into a deep depression when my heart breaks so I have to keep busy to avoid that.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

The best defense is a good offense.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well for me , I don't think my broken heart will ever mend..but that's ok..it's something I can live with now.

Hubby and I had 45 wonderful years together but I wanted more..we were just getting started!

You talk about a broken heart...be with them that long and have them taken away..that really hurts!

I will never get over it..the pain has dulled now but I know it will never go away.

You just go on with life and find joys where you can...and I always wonder about those that marry again..will they ever feel the same way about their second husband as they did the first?.

I can relate to the pain that Claire must be going through right now..it can be quite unbearable at times..but time does help..even if it doesn't completely heal..It does get easier..at least for me...

Snoozy..

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

This is the song I like best of Adam Sandler's...

But I cry my eyes out everytime I hear it...still....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYI5bKZMes

Snoozy...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You don't mend a broken heart. You get on with life and your heart will mend itself in time.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Hubby and I had 45 wonderful years together but I wanted more..we were just getting started!

Oh my. Snoozy. What happened? Did he pass away?

You talk about a broken heart...be with them that long and have them taken away..that really hurts!

I will never get over it..the pain has dulled now but I know it will never go away.

After 45 years? And it had to have been more recent. You built a life together.

You just go on with life and find joys where you can...and I always wonder about those that marry again..will they ever feel the same way about their second husband as they did the first?.

I believe you can. Think of it this way: what if you had loved another man and then this one came along? I know that for me, Andy will be a hard act to follow. I could never be with someone who didn't treat me as well as he has or cherish me the way he has. I do believe it's possible though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit