More proof of Global Warming

by BurnTheShips 152 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Nasa said October 2008 was the warmest October on record, the morons were using September data.

It's a little hard to take a wanker on the internet seriously when he calls scientist at NASA "morons" simply because they made what amounts to a clerical error. Did they pull a Watchtower and then claim they were still correct after the mistake came to light?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I guess what I'm getting from all of this information is that since the world population has increased and built up the level of these particular gases over the years

there is time needed for them to disappear out of the atmosphere and its the retaining effect in the atmosphere that is causing GW.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know whether the earth is warming or not.

It depends on who you are talking to.

I think those in power like to keep those like us in fear.

With fear we are more easily managed we have divided ourselves and have been conquered.

I think moving the steel mills out of the country and closing factories down in the name of the enviroment has contributed in wrecking the US economy and robbing our wealth.

We the people are getting tag teamed by both sides the Republicans and the democrats.

And neither of them has your or my interest in mind.

The earth may be God, the earth is a living thing and it might have ways of redistribuiting and eradicating the parasites and viruses on its surface.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Another thing that has been mentioned as part of a cumulative effect of global warming is the deforestation of vast forests and agricultural lands.

Pointing out for example what has occurred in the Amazonian rain forest in the few decades.

The reason being that plant life takes carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere in its growth and development stages.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

35 years ago scientists were telling us we were going into an ice age. Even the Awake magazine picked up on that.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

35 years ago scientists were telling us we were going into an ice age. Even the Awake magazine picked up on that.

Do you have a point? Does what a few (not anything like the consensus we have today on the effects of ghg on the earths atmosphere) scientist said 35 years ago affect the earth's temperature? If so, I'd like to know how. Does the earth read old Awake's and decide which way it's temperature will go?

btw, are you sure you know what these scientist said back then, or are you just sniping based on vague memories and the Awake magazine?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Jaguarbas , you've made a good point about if there is going to be newly implemented enforced guidelines for industry to follow it has to be done internationally

and not just an occurrence in North America, the reason being that it costs more to burn fossil fuels cleanly and the cost of using alliterative fuels are greater

at least right now.

If other countries do not go with these set of rules they have the potential of producing their products at a cheaper rate and then selling them out on to global market place.

So it should be a world wide agenda to make it beneficial for everyone.

• metatron
    metatron

One of the most stunning aspects of this global warming controversy is trying to figure out the truth about rising sea levels. I'm surprized that more people haven't gotten upset about the lack of credibility in estimates that are presented by experts that wildly range all over the place.

Just do a google on this and you'll see what I mean: A millimeter a year? 3 millimeters? an inch? nothing? 4 inches in a future century? 20 feet in the next century? And if sea levels have risen, that slows down the earth's rotation, right?

Putting more CO2 in the atmosphere as a cause of warming is credible but the hysteria and sloppy thinking that go along with this is not.

metatron

• rebel8
    rebel8

The 2 articles in the op cite snow as a cause of these incidents.

More snow is a result of increased temperatures.

Snow storms that pass over bodies of water collect more moisture (which is subsequently made into snow) when the water temperature is warmer.

Example: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/11/031106052121.htm

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Metatron:

I'm surprized that more people haven't gotten upset about the lack of credibility in estimates that are presented by experts that wildly range all over the place.

Well I think smart people understand that everything to do with earthwide predictions is incredibly complex. Hell, even BTS understands this ;). So it wouldn't be very smart to "get upset" over that, now would it?

Putting more CO2 in the atmosphere as a cause of warming is credible but the hysteria and sloppy thinking that go along with this is not.

Could you give an example of this "hysteria and sloppy thinking" that you are speaking of?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit