More proof of Global Warming

by BurnTheShips 152 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

People freezing to death.

O Fortuna!

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20081222/GPG0101/81222109/1207/GPG01

2 state men die in bitter cold By Eric Litke
    Gannett Wisconsin Media

HINGHAM -- A Sheboygan County man who would have turned 59 on Christmas Day froze to death over the weekend after his SUV veered off the road in a snowstorm less than a mile from his home, according to the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Department.

The body of Bobby Lewin, of N2560 Sheboygan County CC in the town of Lima, was found about 8:15 a.m. today in a field about 750 feet from his Chevy Trailblazer, Capt. Dave Adams said. He crashed in white-out conditions on Highway CC in the town of Holland, about a mile south of Hingham.

Lewin was last seen Saturday night, when he finished a nearly 11-hour shift at Cascade Cheese Co. and punched out at 8:37 p.m., company accountant Mike Zastrow said. Zastrow and owner Keith Babbler started looking for Lewin about 10 a.m. Sunday after Lewin’s mother alerted them he never made it home.

Lewin lives on his parents’ property in a separate home, Babbler said.

Zastrow and Babbler spent the rest of Sunday morning and much of the afternoon driving routes Lewin could have taken home.

Zastrow found the unoccupied Trailblazer just north of Dekker Road about 5 p.m. after checking a route further south when Lewin’s mother, Betty Lewin, suggested he may have stopped in Adell for gas.

“I knew it wasn’t good,” Zastrow said. “There’s a house right next to it that I ran up to. They didn’t see anything. There was nothing I could do at that point. The drifts were up to the hood of my truck on that road.”

Betty Lewin contacted the sheriff’s department about 6:30 p.m. Sunday, and deputies interviewed neighbors but were unable to conduct a full-scale search due to the weather, Adams said.

One of the deputies returned to the area this morning and found Bobby Lewin’s body in a field northeast of his SUV. Adams said it is unclear why he ventured into the field, as his home was north of the crash site.

Snow, wind and fog obscured visibility Saturday night around the time Bobby Lewin would have been traveling home, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures plunged from 23 degrees when he left work to below zero in the early morning hours Sunday, with wind chills of 25 below.

The coroner ruled cause of death as exposure, Adams said. Bobby Lewin was found wearing multiple layers of clothing and a red winter jacket.

His coworkers recalled him as a kind and dedicated employee.

“He was really a good-hearted fellow,” Babbler said. “He’d stop and help somebody if they got in trouble. More than once he’s done that.”

He said Bobby Lewin — a general laborer primarily responsible for feeding cheese into a cooker — was the longest-tenured of the cheese company’s 25 employees. He was there when Babbler bought the company 24 years ago.

“He came to work whenever he was asked to — he did his part,” Zastrow said.

Said Babbler: “It’s just really a sad day for us.”

Newspaper delivery man dies in cold

A 54-year-old Wisconsin State Journal delivery man died after his car got stuck in a Green County snowdrift at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

Sheriff’s officials say Donald Blum of Monticello was found conscious outside his car after he apparently started to walk to town.

County Coroner Jan Perry says he died early today of hypothermia resulting in heart failure.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The sad thing is that some people, some very very stupid people, take things like this as evidence that global warming is not happening.

• undercover
    undercover

Aw, c'mon, burnsy....

Didn't you see the movie, The Day After Tomorrow?

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    The sad thing is that some people, some very very stupid people, take things like this as evidence that global warming is not happening.

Yes, I suppose that all of those thousands of scientists and climatologists who are now dissenting from their peers are all very stupid people as well. I suppose it is only the sophisticated and the intellectually superior who can truly appreciate Al Gore's speeches and bar charts.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

follow the $

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So what exactly is your dissent with the theory that ghg's warm the earth, and more of them will warm the earth more, and that that will cause consequences that humans are not prepared to deal with, JeremyC?

Do you not believe that ghg's keep the earth warm? Do you not believe that more of them will warm the earth more? Do you believe that global warming is real but that the consequences of global warming are not really going to be any big deal? Give us your theory, or if you don't have one (ie: your gut tells you to trust James Inhoffe*) drop one of the theories of the "thousands of scientist" on us, but please make it relevant to my questions for you.

• BurnTheShips
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Do you not believe that ghg's keep the earth warm? Do you not believe that more of them will warm the earth more? Do you believe that global warming is real but that the consequences of global warming are not really going to be any big deal? Give us your theory, or if you don't have one (ie: your gut tells you to trust James Inhoffe*) drop one of the theories of the "thousands of scientist" on us, but please make it relevant to my questions for you.

The atmosphere/biosphere/lithosphere is not a simple system, you cannot make categorical assertions. The science is far from settled--although there is tremendous political interest in the convincing the public of the "science being settled." Top scientists disagree on the issue.

The only inconvenient truth about global warming, contends Colorado State University's Bill Gray, is that a genuine debate has never actually taken place. Hundreds of scientists, many of them prominent in the field, agree.

Gray is perhaps the world's foremost hurricane expert. His Tropical Storm Forecast sets the standard. Yet, his criticism of the global warming "hoax" makes him an outcast.

"They've been brainwashing us for 20 years," Gray says. "Starting with the nuclear winter and now with the global warming. This scare will also run its course. In 15-20 years, we'll look back and see what a hoax this was."

http://www.denverpost.com/harsanyi/ci_3899807

I am starting to think we won't need to wait 15 years to see what a steaming crock of Gore this is.

BTS

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Well Six, your previous generalizations about the "stupidity" of those who see major cooling trends as contrary evidence to the global warming trend reminded me of the sweeping generalizations made by those who ridecule us who believe in Evolution and Natural Selection.

I am not a climatologist, so I do not feel obligated (or even qualified) to formulate an "alternate theory" to the man made warming theory. I do know that many scientists have openly protested and resigned from the U.N.'s panel on climate change. More and more are dissenting from the prevailing view as well, but are not being listened to by the mainstream media. I also know that many climatologists are drawing parallels to major upticks in temperatures prior to previous ice ages.

The earth has gone through radical swings in temperature for it's entirety. I find it odd that not too many people want to discuss the fact that temperatures were even hotter prior to the existence of human civilization. The geological record show that ocean levels have gone up and down dramatically for millions of years; and that glaciers have come and gone. It is utterly unrealistic to expect the earth's temperatures to "flat-line" without fluctuations.

Again, I do not claim to be an expert. I simply acknowlege that there are thousands of scientists who no longer accept the man-made global warming theories. These are not merely community college hacks. Many of them come from MIT and Cambridge. Nor are all of them taking money from the oil industry, as claimed by many.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well Six, your previous generalizations about the "stupidity" of those who see major cooling trends as contrary evidence to the global warming trend reminded me of the sweeping generalizations made by those who ridecule us who believe in Evolution and Natural Selection.

That's interesting, because your ridicule of the good science behind global warming is exactly like the "intelligent design" camps "we-have-scientist-too!" cries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit