Jesus Is Jehovah/Jehovah Is Jesus

by snowbird 328 Replies latest watchtower bible

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Bible is actually clear that God is one God (monotheism), not Mormon plurality of gods/polytheism. It is also clear that God is triune and that the Holy Spirit is personal vs active force (it) and that Jesus is God, not Michael Archangel. Just because some of you do not clearly see this due to past indoctrination or lack of serious study does not mean it is not clear/true (perspicuity of Scripture or God is not fair).

When someone becomes a Christian, these things become even more apparent with conviction (though our understanding can and does grow over time). Those without the Spirit can have a veil and dullness to spiritual truth.

• tec
    tec

Two boys. One computer. Me. Sometimes I win, sometimes not :)

I'll just respond to a couple things since I was gone. I did get to watch Deadwood during my loss of the computer, so that was a plus ;)

No, not qualified Tammy. I liked all of what you said.

Then thank you all over again.

Tec: you are essentially taking a JW/Arian position that Christ is not God, but creature, so you have made up your mind.

No, I am not doing this at all. I believe Christ is born of God, not created, and yes, divine... since He is born of God, His Father, who is divine.

You are not hedging your bets by using generic terminology or simple phrases.

God reads hearts, right? Hedging ones bets isn't going to fool Him, so what would be the point?

You either trust Christ as Jehovah or you trust him as a subordinate created being.

Or I trust Christ as the Son of God, as I said above.

To say this is the same Christ is not defensible logically or biblically.

There is only one Christ. Our understandings of Him are different, yes. But HE is the same, regardless of what we think about Him. His teachings are the same as well.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

I will concede that it does not sound as if we have the same Christ. I can't really say for sure, though. You don't speak about who He is in spirit, or what He wants, believes, loves, teaches... you seem most concerned about defining his nature within the trinity.

If He is God, we need to worship Him as such and it would be wrong to not do so. If He is not God, we should not worship Him and it would be wrong to do so.

Does a father not want his son (someone who he gave all power and authority to and commanded that we listen to) to receive as good a treatment as he would receive? Especially a son who does not abuse this, but hands all authority back to his father?

Just a thought that I have. I do pray about this matter, not yet fully understanding it. With ekception to this: that acts of worship that both the Father and Son would approve of would be loving one another as Christ loved us. But Christ did pray to his father, and he did tell us to love God as the most important commandment.

So, either be a biblical Christian or a cultist. It is either/or, not both/and.

No, thank you, to either one. I choose... Christ - Christian without a qualifier attached. Whether He chooses or accepts me or not is up to Him.

Godrulz, I also never believed that Jesus was Michael. I also never even heard of the trinity doctrine until the jws' presented it (no church growing up). Once they presented it, I scoured the bible searching for it to be true or false. I refused to believe in it on the basis of what man teaches, because men teach wrong all the time. Its why I started a bible study to begin with... I didn't want to be fooled by any organization (yes, I recognize the irony), simply because I didn't know what was actually in the book. I needed the proof - I did not find it. So I stopped trying to force myself to believe it (or not believe it) and chose to believe the simple message that is written - Son of God.

I am not any of the labels that you try to place on me. I am sorry if this confounds you, but it is what it is.

EP - as Syl would say, 'You are a hot mess'.

Peace in Christ,

Tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Single malt or blend?

Really? You think you have to ask?

Tammy, I am on fire today. I've been ranting for two days at work, it's carried over.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

I still love this topic.

Godrulz said - "Lord, Son of God=God. To be Son of God is to share the nature of the Father in full equality. It is not a created son nor like physical, human relations. see Jn. 1:1; Jn. 5:18; Jn. 10:30-33; Heb. 1" -

"In the Beginning" means the beginning of creation - the Christ - the only begotten Son of God - There is no such thing as "In the Beginning" when it comes to God the Father. I agree that a Son of God is equal in every way except for Eternity and Position to God. I feel it makes NO sense to call someone YOUR SON and then say you are the same age. I do not believe GOD is so clumsy and ignorant of humans to think we could understand it differently. Therefore I believe every word the bible says - that Jesus was GIVEN a name above all others upon his resurrection. Therefore he NOW is to be worshipped. He now can fill roles reserved for Jehovah in the old testament. None of these ideas are contradictory to a created, but equal in power SON OF GOD.

• LV101
    LV101

Thank you, Tec, for posting and always appreciate your info. Not that I don't appreciate all the other posts because I really do and I'm trying desperately to learn about various viewpoints.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Is Jesus uncreated Creator, God Almighty, Yahweh in the flesh (one person with two natures), eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, equal in every way with the Father or is He subordinate, created, inferior? New Agers can talk about a divine Jesus, but this is NOT the biblical, historical, orthodox Deity of Christ. We cannot invent our own concepts or just use generic titles without defining them (divine does not mean Deity for many; Son of God does not mean God for all).

The Deity of Christ (Machen, responding to the liberalism of his day)

video

video

• godrulz
    godrulz

The few Arian texts can be easily dealt with if one understands basic Greek, theology, etc. JWs cannot deal with the dozens of Deity/trinitarian verses, so they are forced to mistranslate them in their sectarian NWT, misquote credible scholars and add specious footnotes to justify their unbiblical, illogical reasoning.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Godrtulz - Why don't you admit (like the Catholics on this subject) you have no answers. Only your "you just gotta believe" ideas. I ask you direct questions and you refuse to answer them. That shows your ignorance of the subject and unwillingness to have an honest discussion. I pitty you now.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Your view is atypical. When one has the genuine, we can spot the counterfeit. I am prepared to refute Arianism, modalism, polytheism and defend trinitarianism. I have biblical, apologetic answers, but cannot always follow your posts nor know how you define things. I do not believe things as dogma, but because they are defensible from Scripture and logic. I do not answer every sentence of every post, nor do you. Don't assume will not is cannot.

e.g. I understand why Jn. 1:1 NWT is impossible. Do you?

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

John1:1 in NWT impossible NO... incorrect maybe. I have asked Direct questions that you ignore and deflect.

You quote ancient Catholic denounciations of Arius, but you yourself are a heretic to the same Catholics.

SCRIPTURALLY = Refute my idea. PLEASE (I would love to be proved wrong.) Jesus is the SON of GOD. Equal to him in Power and Nature. He was appointed by God to a Superior position (after his ressurrection) and GIVEN the name above all other names (By God). This "promotion" allows him to fill many of the roles that ONLY Jehovah had before this time. (Savior/Lord).

I believe Yeshua, (the SON, Jesus, the Christ) was the firstborn of God, (the Father, Jehovah, the creator) a created being EQUAL in power to the Father. (Just as any adult Human son is.) Jesus has been "appointed" over us. He can hear prayers, lead God's people, Judge the wicked, and execute judgment on this world.

Please only answer with a scripture. Apologists and Councils are not interesting to me. They are as silly as the Governing Body and have the same authority from God. (0)

Thx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit