Jesus Is Jehovah/Jehovah Is Jesus

by snowbird 328 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still thinking
    still thinking

watersprout....the only biblical reference I can see to Hagar and Sarah are Sarai (Sarah) being Abrahams wife...and Hagar his mistress (Sarahs handmaiden)...

May I ask where you are getting your teachings from?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I just discovered Galations 4

Hagar and Sarah

21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23 His son by the slave woman was born in the ordinary way; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise.

24 These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written:

“Be glad, O barren woman,

who bears no children;

break forth and cry aloud,

you who have no labor pains;

because more are the children of the desolate woman

than of her who has a husband.” b

28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30 But what does the Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” c 31 Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

So would you describe your belief system as partially based on the quote above? Would you say you are spiritualizing or carnalizing? Or am I going down the wrong path?

I am very curious so if this is incorrect please point me in the right direction to what your belief is based on.

Sorry if this is going off topic everyone. But I think it is important to understand where someone is coming from so that I can understand what they are trying to say and more importantly....why.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Bible is very unclear. We are debating something that can never be fixed. I am assuming it does not matter much or Christ would have told us.

Maybe he did and that was the one saying that was omitted.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Godrulz, I've said it a couple of times with trinitarian apologists, and I'll say it again.

The trinity falls apart with the holy spirit. You knock down one aspect of the trinity, the rest crumbles.

You can't have a trinity without the three.

Maybe you can argue for a duality, but a trinity? Hardly.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

First of all, because belief's ARE personal, one's relationship with GOD is too, as well as one's understanding.

My name, depending on your relationship with me, is Son, Jeff, Jeffrey, Mr ATJ, and "effin @$$hole".

Surely, if a person believes in God, that it is the same thing.

I don't speak against Godrulz personal views on the matter, but rather, in his insistence that his view is the only one that could be correct.

But you all continue to argue about this. Hell, I am sure you all know that this is the very first time the topic has been broached on the internet. ;)

• still thinking
    still thinking

AllTimeJeff....we all have our opinions and are entitled to them. Personally, I like to try and understand what and why someone is saying something so I can fully understand where they are coming from....then make up my own mind if I agree with them or not.

If someones belief is THAT personal to them, this is probably the wrong place to be talking about it then

Funny, I don't see any of this as arguing...I see it as helping me to learn....different perspective...different objective.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

What bandontherun said....

• still thinking
    still thinking

Band on the run....

I view Jehovah was Satan

You had to get that idea from somewhere...or did you make it up? I am guessing it was form studying the Gnostics at Columbia with the leading Gnostic scholar.

What if you had never heard that opinion? What would your beliefs be now? How is discussing this a waste of time...and if it is why are you discussing it and putting forth your opinion of who Jehovah is.

I am happy to believe in the trinity...if I see evidence of it...(so far I don't)...but who knows, maybe someone will say something that will make me look at it differently one day. Maybe I just don't get it (yet). Or maybe its rubbish.

How will I know if I don't explore the question?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

st: 'Jehovah Unmasked': This book will short-circuit your brain.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzn7m1brg0veosu

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

LOL! God bless Nate Merritt.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit