Jesus Is Jehovah/Jehovah Is Jesus

by snowbird 328 Replies latest watchtower bible

• godrulz
    godrulz

I fully support your right to believe what you want. You have a right to be wrong and I have a right to be right or wrong (as do you). The issue is that we have a common humanity wanting to know what is true and what is not. Iron sharpens iron.

• designs
    designs

Jonathan- you do see the the contradiction that the Church Fathers left in the Trinity don't you.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Church Fathers were imperfect and contradictory or imprecise in some of their expressions/views. This is why we are not Catholics who rely on them, but maintain sola scriptura.

• designs
    designs

Excuses excuses, try a little scholarship and analytical parsing and you'll see what we see.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am interested in credible, conservative Christian scholarship, not obscure, refutable pseudo-scholarship.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am interested in credible, conservative Christian scholarship, not obscure, refutable pseudo-scholarship.

• designs
    designs

Religious people........

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL.

That's funny coming from some who thinks there is a place underground where his imaginary friend is going to torture me forever if I don't believe whatever he says I have to.

• designs
    designs

As Flip Wilson use to say 'It's the Devil Honey!'

• Terry
    Terry

Oh Snowbird!! Look what you've done!

Jesus was never called Jesus by anybody.

He was the equivalent of Joshua. (Yeshua)

Careful Jews would never call upon the name of Jehovah either! Lest they take the Divine Name in vain and violate the commandment.

Jesus never mentioned the Divine name, as Jehovah's Witnesses are eager to have us believe. He'd have been the only Jew on the planet to dare uttering it!

So, what are we left with?

We have a Rabbi with a following who self-referenced himself. How? Son of Jehovah? Not hardly.

Son of Man.

He said it alot.

Why can't that be good enough?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit