Jesus Is Jehovah/Jehovah Is Jesus

by snowbird 328 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Allelsefails: Godrtulz - Why don't you admit (like the Catholics on this subject) you have no answers. Only your "you just gotta believe" ideas. I ask you direct questions and you refuse to answer them. That shows your ignorance of the subject and unwillingness to have an honest discussion. I pitty you now.

In defense of Godrulz, you people had better start listening to him because he has it absolutely right for the most part. If you conducted some serious study on the matter instead of listening to yourselves and pushing your own beliefs, you would recognize the true and orthodox/mainstream views he puts forth. He is not just saying "you gotta believe," and it is unfair to belittle the theological views he is passing on to you. These aren't "his" theories, his ideas. It's obvious that you have not bothered to crack a book or visit a library. His theology is sound. Just because he doesn't quote chapter and verse or book doesn't mean he is making this up. Listen to him. Pay attention to what he is saying.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The trinity and Deity of Christ are the biblical, historical, orthodox views from Scripture, early Church Fathers, the rest of Church history. Arianism, modalism, polytheism, etc. were heretical views centuries later that were dealt with by the Holy Spirit through the Church. The only authority is Scripture and these views are defensible with sound exegesis/theology. This is what separates Christianity from pseudo-Christian cults. Not all believers have the same understanding on the details or other peripheral issues, nor are they salvific. Either Jesus is God or He is not. There is no excuse to say we cannot really know or that it does not matter as long as we have nebulous faith in generic jesus (it does matter!).

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

In defense of Godrulz, you people had better start listening to him because he has it absolutely right for the most part.

This is the kind of language that really turns me off. You're basing everything you believe in on myths and legends but have the temerity to tell everyone else that YOUR faith is enough for the rest of us. Name one - just one - time you've seen real, legitimate evidence of this god you claim is the end all be all powerful being who will kill us dead if we don't believe in what you and godrulz is spouting. Just one shred of evidence will suffice.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Jude 3; Rom. 1:16; Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36; Acts 4:12; I Cor. 1:18; Gal. 1:6-10; 2 Cor. 11:4; I Jn. 5:11-13; Heb. 11:6, etc.

The gospel is an ultimatum, not a suggestion. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. I may not believe in trucks and trucks may turn me off, but if I jump in front of one, I will be road kill.

As tempting as it is to compromise, try to be popular, soft-peddle things, tickle itching ears, integrity demands that we defend the honor and fame of God, the most awesome, loving, valuable, beautiful being in the universe. He died for me, so I will live for Him. I cannot take anything with me (no U-hauls behind hearses) except other people.

• tec
    tec

No one should listen to Godulz. Just like no one should listen to Jonathan Dough. Just like no one should listen to Tec. Or Snowbird. Or Poopsiecakes. Hear them out, sure. But each of us are just people; prone to mistakes, and having numbers on our side (or not) proves nothing in terms of tradition and belief. If you want to know the Truth, then ask the Truth. Listen to Christ. In the meantime, if scripture actually said Jesus is Jehovah, without anything pointing to the contrary, then there would be no controversy. Same with the reverse position.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

The gospel is an invitation. Also a warning for those who beat their fellow man - in the hopes that they repent and accept the invitation, I believe.

Peace,

Tammy

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Perhaps I should rephrase.

Ahem.

Name one - just one - time you've seen real, legitimate evidence of this god you claim is the end all be all powerful being who will kill us dead if we don't believe in what you and godrulz is spouting. Just one shred of evidence will suffice.

Just to be clear, the bible doesn't count. Any more than any other 'holy' book from any other religion or your claim isn't any better than someone quoting the Epic of Atrahasis or Homer's Illiad. Gilgamesh and Zeus are just as real in that case.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

And Tec, I respect you 100% - please don't take my posts as being directed at you.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Great post tec - thanks.

• tec
    tec

I know Poopsie - I'll refute your position if I can (and think I should), but that doesn't mean I don't respect you, or that I am judging you. We're on the same page in that regard.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit