Jesus Is Jehovah/Jehovah Is Jesus

by snowbird 328 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Much, much easier to believe that God is our Father, and that Christ (the Messiah) is His Son, our Lord.

That is very simple to me. Easily understood - even by a child. The rest... not so much.

The bible does not prove this one way or the other, or there would not be so much debate over it.

I will keep it simple, and simply follow Christ.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• Essan
    Essan

Tec said: " The bible does not prove this one way or the other, or there would not be so much debate over it."

Tammy, I like your style. Non-judgemental and honest. Sounds like you know what's really up.

• tec
    tec

Thank you, Essan. I do appreciate that, truly. Sounds as though you also understand what is important in our faith... or rather who... Christ.

Peace,

Tammy

(lol - you qualified your post! Peace to you still, and you as well, Godrulz)

• godrulz
    godrulz

The problem with the kingdom of the cults is semantical. We must precisely define terms, concepts, etc., especially relating to God/Christ. Mormons claim to be Christian because they believe in Christ and use His name in their church title. What they mean by God, Christ, baptism, salvation, etc. is diametrically opposed to, mutually exclusive of biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity. There is one true God, one true Christ. We cannot just accept generic god/jesus/son of God and define these things like our own idol. There are false gospels, false christs (Gal. 1:6-10; 2 Cor. 11:4; Jude 3) that are worthless, non-existent. If one believes Christ is creature, they are denying Him and His true identity. Trusting a counterfeit cannot save. Trusting the Jesus of Islam cannot save you. Denying His Deity is denying Him and not honoring the Father. You wrongly assume that we cannot know whether Christ is God or creature. He does not leave this option. He is Lord God as claimed, not liar, not legend, not lunatic, not Michael the Archangel, not one of many LDS gods. Likewise, we cannot trust Islamic Allah and think we are trusting YHWH of Judeo-Christianity. We cannot trust the New Age Jesus Son of God since it is a demonic counterfeit. Many pseudo-Christian cults believe in the Son of God, but really do not know Him because they deny the most basic truths about Him. Likewise, some believe in Jesus, but deny His resurrection. Paul said that this is a denial of the gospel that saves us (I Cor. 15). We cannot water down the gospel and sound doctrine of God to make it palatable or more broad than God intended. We must look at the evidence and decide whether we are to worship Jesus as God or honor him as God's creation. Both are not equally true and not equally salvific. Either WT, LDS, Protestants, Muslims, etc. are right. We cannot all be right with such differing views on basic things.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

If you're suggesting the Bible has been tampered with (other than the usual level of 'normal' scribal errors), then you're faith might as well go the way of a castle made of swiss cheese.

• Essan
    Essan

No, not qualified Tammy. I liked all of what you said.

I just quoted the bit that demonstrated the non-judgmental bit of your post (as in, you don't judge trinitarians because you can see how they might reach that conclusion, even if you don't necessarily agree with it, and you don't seem to judge that they are condemned for it).

To me, it shows a lot more understanding and faith to say "this is how I can understand it" and know that this will be acceptable, because Christ isn't a scholar holding a tough Bible quiz in the original Greek. Lol.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Tec: you are essentially taking a JW/Arian position that Christ is not God, but creature, so you have made up your mind. You are not hedging your bets by using generic terminology or simple phrases. You either trust Christ as Jehovah or you trust him as a subordinate created being. To say this is the same Christ is not defensible logically or biblically. If He is God, we need to worship Him as such and it would be wrong to not do so. If He is not God, we should not worship Him and it would be wrong to do so. So, either be a biblical Christian or a cultist. It is either/or, not both/and.

• Essan
    Essan

Maybe I'm wrong, but it didn't sound to me like that was what Tammy was saying, Godrulz.

What I heard was "I have a understanding which is simple. The Bible isn't totally clear on the issue, so I go with my understanding as best as I am able and I know that is good enough for Christ, because I trust that he is loving". And it seems she extends this non-judgmental attitude to Trinitarians too, trusting that they too are probably sincere and base their understanding on Scripture, as best as they are able, and so are likely acceptable to Christ too.

If so, I tend to agree.

Chris isn't a quizmaster, with those who get the most technically correct doctrine earning life.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Tammy is one of my favorite christians ever, along with PSacramento and a few others. I like their style, the cut of their jib, their action.

And lets just be honest, I'm God. Not the crazy Lars or Obves type. I am just that damn awesome.

• Essan
    Essan

You are certainly full of the spirit tonight anyway E.P.

Single malt or blend?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit