Gov of Ill. arrested for corruption, another close buddy of you know who

by Gregor 254 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"Interesting how Bush was easily trashed on rumour and heresay..."

What rumors or hearsay are you talking about? Please be specific.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

President Elect Barack Obama at his December 11, 2008 News Conference,
    responding to questions about the embattled Governor of Illinois.

And part of the reason that I got into politics, ran for the State Senate, ran for the United States Senate, and ultimately ran for the presidency is because we have to reclaim a tradition of public service that is about people and their lives, and their hopes, and their dreams. And it isn't about what's in it for me. And I think the public trust has been violated.

...in American politics generally, there are two views of politics. There's a view of politics that says you go in this for sacrifice and public service, and then there's a view of politics that says that this is a business, and you're wheeling and dealing, and what's in it for me?
    --

--
    You know, we know in Washington that lobbyists that disproportionate influence. We know that in state houses and city councils all across America there are times where people are not thinking about what's best for the public good but rather making narrow political calculations. And our whole campaign was about changing that view of politics and restoring a sense that when people of good will come together and are serious about confronting the challenges that we face, that not only can that be good policy but, you know what, it can be good politics as well.

It turns out that the American people are hungry for that. And you can get elected by playing it straight. You can get elected by doing the right thing. That's what I hope we have modeled in this campaign. And that's what I intend to model in my administration."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/us/politics/11text-ob...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thousands of Obama supporters all across the country are coming together this weekend to reflect on this monumental journey and plan how they can bring change to both Washington and their own communities.

These house meetings are a chance to reflect on our campaign, discuss the future of this movement, and identify ways to get involved in your community.

Join your friends and neighbors -- sign up to host or attend a Change is Coming house meeting now:

http://my. barackobama. com/changeiscoming

You can connect with fellow supporters, make progress on the issues you care about, and help shape the future of your community and our country.

Your ideas and feedback will be collected and will help guide this movement in the months and years ahead.

This grassroots organization has always been about more than an election. It's about transforming our country -- and we've only just begun.

Find a house meeting near you:

http://my. barackobama. com/changeiscoming

• beksbks
    beksbks

Brother Six, Sister Purps, thank you for that inspiration.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Brother Six, Sister Purps, thank you for that inspiration. Of course, there is no messianic mindset by Obama zombies. Very funny. Will the house parties have a little shrine with candles around His picture? Obama Shrine by Democrats Abroad Netherlands.

• beksbks
    beksbks

How pretty!! Is that your living room Gregor?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

We'll have golden Obama statues to worship and make burnt offerings to. It's just like a golden calf except it's a golden Obama!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I believe in one President, the Barack Obama, Creator of hope and change, of all things visible and invisible.
    And in one Lord Joseph Biden, Son of Deleware, the only-begotten, born of the Father before all ages.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

all i did was post a site!!!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Amen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit