Gov of Ill. arrested for corruption, another close buddy of you know who

by Gregor 254 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I like that fact that Obama has called for Blago to resign. I would love to see more of this in politics. It was a national disgrace that the Louisiana congressman had to be defeated on election day -- years later -- rather than run out of office, after having been caught red-handed with cold, hard cash in his freezer.

On a lighter note, we can also say that Barry is an equal opportunity "throw you under the bus" type of guy. Blago received the same preferential treatment that Grandma and Uncle Jeremiah got.

-LWT

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia, I would like you see you drop the race angle on this, it is beneath you.

No, it isn't!

I've seen it all my life: A Black person who defies the odds and rises to the occasion is either expected to perform impossible feats or fail in the most inglorious manner.

These are facts, persecution or inferiority complex notwithstanding.

Sylvia

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Talk to me when Obama starts a war that kills 4,000 Americans and 1,200,000 overall.

In fact compare what Ayers did to what Bush has done.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I've seen it all my life: A Black person who defies the odds and rises to the occasion is either expected to perform impossible feats or fail in the most inglorious manner.

This is just flat not true. Examples? I can't think of one. This current situation involves various characters who are white, jewish, black, etc. It really seems you are angry with the facts as we know them so far.. Seriously, I say relax, it will all come out in the wash. I truly hope it doesn't taint Obama. I've said this about six times in different ways but the O-Zs are too high strung to be rational. Watch the TV! Read the newspaper! geesh! I'm not your enemy.

• Gregor
  • snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm not your enemy.

I know.

Sorry.

Sylvia

• Gregor
    Gregor

I erased my last post because now they are saying it is not substantiated.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well, you know how reliable old Can Never Nail it is.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I like that fact that Obama has called for Blago to resign

Why didn't he say that yesterday? Did he have to analyze the consequences of pissing off Blago first? Did he have to wait to talk to him afther his release to work something out first and cover his own hide? It was pretty clear Blago was guilty as sin as soon as Fitzpatrick opened his mouth at the press conference. Maybe yesterday he was still in denial and clueless about how badly this was playing on main street.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2008/12/the-note-121008.html

1. The underbelly of the Obama political operation, with all its Chicago tints and taints, is now fair game for reporters looking for a story.
    2. Obama will not control a news cycle for a while -- maybe until Christmas.
    3. David Axelrod and Rahm Emanuel (and Valerie Jarrett and Andy Stern, and especially Senate Candidate 5) will cringe with every BlackBerry vibration as Blagojevich and his chief of staff are pressed to name names by a no-BS prosecutor.
    4. The culture of corruption has put its home on the market and is well into the process of moving to the other side of the aisle.
    5. The most open and transparent transition in American history just by necessity got more closed and opaque.
    6. Obama’s still-cautious political enemies have what they need to advance the story: a contradiction (and one involving no less an eminence than Axelrod).

BTS

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thank you S4:

You sore losers will just pull anything out of your asses and try to run with it, won't you?

Ever have any friends or family go to prison? I have. I have friends that are doctors and lawyers too. Having one doesn't make me a criminal, having the other doesn't make me a surgeon or trial attorney.

This is probably as pathetic as the attempt to make Obama a terrorist because he once worked with a 60s radical - who's a tenured professor at a major US university, for christ's sake!

Time to stop the whining and wishful thinking and start helping to solve some real problems this country is facing. Look at your 401K lately??

S4

Very well put!

Does anyone believe Obama has had the time in the last 2 years to be intimately involved in this? Why would he care? Who cares?..... The Dirty Governer peon, thats who...wanting a position in the Whitehouse trying to find out who Obama would approve of.

He is the son of an Alderman, who are notoriously dirty in Chicago....for years! You couldn't get a city contract without payback since I can remember.

Hopefully the message is getting through to these dirty birds.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit