WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

With the response time that the Deputies have in my area, it'll be over by the time they get there. I'll shoot the piece of trash coming into MY HOME TO HURT ME AND MINE. I maybe a tad mistaken but I do believe it's somewhat difficult to dial the phone when someone is shooting/stabbing/bludeoning you to death.

Of course you can always try to reason with someone who's high on meth, crack or coming off the high and needing more. They are always willing to listen to reason. Meth heads are some of the most reasonable people I know.

GEEZ!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

I thought we had guns to protect us from people like George Bush and the Government.

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol witness 007 now you know how I feel with some of my threads, I definitely think your brave to bring up banning guns on a mainly american forum :s gun ownership is like breathing to many americans, it doesn't matter that more people die of gun related deaths in america than anywere else outside of war zones. We might still have knife crime in england but at least you have a chance against a knife the sheer slaughter with guns make knives look like toys. despite the modern movies having people dodge bullets the truth is if someone walks up to you and just shoots you point blank there is not much you can do even if you have 5 guns ready to use, its a crime were to much damage is done to quickly.

• donny
    donny

I am 49 years old, grew up in Texas and no one in my family has ever owned a gun. I know a lot do, but I would doubt it was a majority.

• oompa
    oompa

this was all really pretty funny...i am pretty much a nutjob....and ya a pyro...but that is another story....and i have had guns since i was 15, but that is ok as a dub in the south of usa, i have an incredible 30-30 Winchester...the gun that won the west....and a 12 gauge pump shotgun (think terminator)....and an old 22 Marlin semi-auto....damm 20 shots in 4 seconds....nearly a machine gun.........but damm..... i have never killed anyone.......but if they broke into my very rural home....and were trying to rape my wife, or kids.........i would happily blow their assss away........uhhh....i think the jews kept a sword or spear in their home for the same reason.........oomps

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Firearms Death Rate (per 100,000, age adjusted) for Selected Countries in one year between 1990 and 1995 (Krug, Powell and Dahlberg, 1998)

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

Get a life my friend its not the gun its the ass hole behind it ... may be you someday when you find out the P.O is banging your Wife?

• oompa
    oompa

reniaa...that chart is great...but all it shows is that some countries have nicer or better or more tranquil people.........oompa...guns do NOT kill people...unless they drop a loaded one in a very rare manner..........

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

reinaa, You've got angelic protection. I prefer Smith & Wesson. -LWT

• reniaa
    reniaa

Lets just say I'm happy to be living in England and leave Americans and their cognitive dissonace of guns well alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit