WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

insert sarcasm....

AWWWWWWW....why don't we just have a nice group hug and be nice to the poor misunderstood criminal!!!! "Oh please Mr Criminal, don't shoot me cause I'm being NICEY NICEY to you!!!! If everyone is just as nice as pie then we won't have a problem"...last words as the huggy ones brains are exploding out the back of their heads OR they're bleeding out from the KNIFE in their neck(horrors better turn in all the steak knives too)and the criminal is laughing his ass off........

PUH-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARF!!!!!!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    ..."Bowling for Columbine"

alt

OHHH no wonder. Dont worry witness, if I had seen that flick and not known better I'd prolly feel the same as you.alt

That was a hash/mash of fiction made to look like a documentary.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    you folks are more likely to be shot or Murdered by guns...seems wierd

And you are more likely to be murdered by a digeradoo than me. So what?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Also, check out Switzerland. It has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world, but also one of the lowest gun related crime rates. That alone should make you pause and realize that guns are not problem. In fact, crime rates are very complex and involve numerous factors. Guns, or any other inanimate object, can in no way affect a country or its morality or its crime. A gun doesn't care what happens.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Also, check out Switzerland. It has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world, but also one of the lowest gun related crime rates. That alone should make you pause and realize that guns are not problem. In fact, crime rates are very complex and involve numerous factors. Guns, or any other inanimate object, can in no way affect a country or its morality or its crime. A gun doesn't care what happens.

As usual trying to compare apples with oranges If you are going to compare the USA and gun use, laws and crime to another country, then you have to make sure that the other country has the same boundaries. Switzerland has an entirely different approach to defending it's country, as well as extremely different approaches to gun laws and citizenry. You can in no way compare them to the USA. sammieswife.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    As usual trying to compare apples with oranges If you are going to compare the USA and gun use, laws and crime to another country, then you have to make sure that the other country has the same boundaries. Switzerland has an entirely different approach to defending it's country, as well as extremely different approaches to gun laws and citizenry. You can in no way compare them to the USA. sammieswife.

That two countries are not easily comparable was my entire point. Thanks for reitterating it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

IP SEC It's so true we have alot of Digeridoo's so in a drunken fight/or anger someone may get hit with one......but not shot in the head! And automatic weapons.....do they come in handy if your hunting a "Flock" of deer? We've limited semi-auto since we had a massacare 10 years ago...works well.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    We've limited semi-auto since we had a massacare 10

Well thats about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Massacaring people was already a crime wasnt it? You got to make the potential manner/tool of massacare more of a crime?

Sorry witness. We are never going to agree. You want to be babied and pacified into thinking you are safe. You want to give up your right to self protection and preservation. Thats fine. I just want to live my life. I want to protect myself. I will protect myself. I promise never to use my firearms in commiting a crime. I dont believe in preemptive laws to remove possiblity of a crime being commited.

If someone commits a crime. They have to pay the price. People should be able to have and do whatever they want as long as they dont hurt a person or their property. People die. Thats life. People kill other people. Thats life. Guns are an inanimate object. It takes a criminal to use one in a criminal way. Criminals exist. I would never wait on the officials to come and protect me from a criminal.

If being civilized means not having means to protect and preserve myself, well you can just shove your civilization right up your digeridoo.

• Mandette
    Mandette

IP-Sec

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!! You can back me up anytime!!!!!!!

Mandette

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

witness007 is clearly trolling with this thread.

But, I'll feed the troll once:

As has already been pointed out on hundreds of threads like this on JWD, there are 4 good reasons US Citizens own and carry guns:

1- Hunting

2- Sport/target shooting

3- Self defense

4- Protection from thuggery by our government, up to and including armed revolution. Here's some thugs in action, for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

The day will come when we will be glad we have the second amendment, and exercised our right to keep and bear arms.

When that day comes for you aussies, good luck fighting against guns with pitchforks, molotov cocktails and machetes!!

BA- Feedin' the troll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit