WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Perhaps Australia should ban alcoholic beverages, since statistics in Australia show that many die - or are killed - as a result of alcohol consumption.

http://www.dassa.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=88

It's a problem everywhere... I know... but why stop at banning guns in your country?

Regards,

Jim TX

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Good point Leavingwt,

• (1) Please don't hurt us, we are unarmed and defenseless.
      • (2) Please don't make me hurt you. I am armed and I will defend myself.

Which sign do you prefer?

The government would like to take away our guns and leave us defence less. I'm all for guns for every american that wants one, even concealed hand guns. Makes for less violence and more respectful treatment and keeps law enforcement advantage from becoming to great. The US government is a police state and seems to be always seeking ways to increase it's control of the masses I say more power to the people!
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/aus.html

AUSTRALIA:
    The Results Are In

The following is a synopsis of an interview conducted by Ginny Simone with Keith Tidswell of Australia's Sporting Shooters Association. The entire interview is available as "Surprise, Surprise" in the "Archive News" section of:

http://www.nralive.com/

One year after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed, including semi-automatic .22 rifles and shotguns, a program costing the government over 500 million dollars, the results are in...

A dramatic increase in criminal activity has been experienced. Gun control advocates respond "Just wait... we'll be safer... you'll see...".

OBSERVABLE FACT, AFTER 12 MONTHS OF DATA:

* Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2%
    * Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6%
    * Australia-wide, armed-robberies are up 44% (yes, FORTY-FOUR PERCENT)
    * In the state of Victoria, homicides-with-firearms are up 300%
    * Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in homicides-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
    * Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in armed-robbery-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
    * There has been a dramatic increase in breakins-and-assaults-of- the-elderly
    * At the time of the ban, the Prime Minister said "self-defense is not a reason for owning a firearm"
    * From 1910 to present, homicides in Australia had averaged about 1.8-per-100,000 or lower, a safe society by any standard.
    * The ban has destroyed Australia's standings in some international sport shooting competitions
    * The membership of the Australian Sports Shooting Association has risen to 112,000, a 200% increase, in response to the ban and as an attempt to organize against further controls, which are expected.
    * Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding society of guns". Their response has been to "wait longer".

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Mass Murders Agree... Gun Control Works!

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935.
    From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political d issidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.
    The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.
    2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.
    6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.
    Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this datum on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Bad subject my friend.........Let's talk about guns that are destroying OTHER countries.

1. The Congo. Kids with guns.

2. Somalia. Crazies with guns.

3. Iran. Zealots with guns.

4. Columbia. Drug Lords with guns.

5. Liberia. Child Rebels with guns.

6. Afghanistan. Religious rebel fanatics with guns.

7. Israel. Biblical ancestral zealots with guns.

8. Pakistan. Religious terrorists with guns.

Need I continue? I, too, have a CCW, own 2 hand guns and 2 rifles. I hope that I never have to use any of them on my FELLOW human. HOWEVER! I can and will if my life or my family's lives are threatened.

007........It is quite obvious that you have never visited my country. Your ignorance speaks volumes.

NMG

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

purplesofa,

Good stuff, thanks.

-LWT

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

for me the answer is simple. it's a freedom given to us from the start of this country and I don't like to be told what to do with personal belongings. btw proud gun owner.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If someone ever sticks a gun in my face and threatens me I'll just ask him to hold that thought while I call the police.

W

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Put some more damning figures up there like say the USA FIGURES:

AMERICA 5,285 kids killed by guns in a year. {Not including non-fatal injury}

Canada 153

Britain 57

Germany 109

Japan 0

Shocking figures? And dont get me started on Murders or other figures they are all thru the roof. Yes crime has gone up alittle in Australia as it does in most countries but here we never really stopped armed robbers or theives by shooting them in the head like in the USA as this increases the risk of being shot yourself....we call the Cops.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

we call the cops too... it's the law. and after we defend our families we get to go through the whole Grand Jury deal... even if we dont get charged we usually meet the crooks great and loving extended family that wants to sue us in civil court because the criminal income is no longer there to feed and support his family... right down to second cousins.

After all ...little Sara Lou will need some bucks to go off to Crack Whore finishing school.

In my county.. if you call the cops you wait on hold... then it's a 20 minute ride from where they are to where they need to be. They wont do much after the fact unless the victim is dead.

Even with all that going for us we rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Machine guns are legal ...but taxed. Matter of fact a machine gun has not been used in a crime since the 30's in the USA.

Get your hyperbole straight.

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit