WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

lets see...the Swiss model adapted to the USA

I get to keep a miltary grade rifle (maybe a handgun too depending on rank) ammo and all my army stuff at home... all the time

I get to go to drills and training on a regular basis

It's compulsory... and I am obligated for a along time base on age... I assume they have a way for objectors and pacifists to do alternative service.

I dont know ... seems risky to me. What happens if those Swiss guys go postal with all that stuff at the house? At least in the USA we keep the National Guard Armory locked up.

Plus those Swiss get trained in tactics... they are a standing army... not in Barracks under the eye of officers and security. What if a town full of those Swiss guys get a bug up their asses to start a coup?

But I guess those few Swiss hoods know if they break into a fellow countrymans house the owner will have a few of SGT FRICKS Rules going for him... the part about a semi-auto long gun comes to mind right away.

Maybe it's that good Chocolate and Cheese ... makes a polite society eh?

Hill

• beksbks
    beksbks

A public health care system that is possibly the best in the world? Low crime, high standard of living?? Excellent schools?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    public health care system that is possibly the best in the world? Low crime, high standard of living?? Excellent schools? ~beks

Sorry beks... many folks in the USA (agreed, not enough, but more than the press lets on about) have pretty good health insurance, the finest doctors and hospital in the world nearby, live in pretty safe areas and have a standard of living that outpaces much of the world at large.

I do... and I suspect you and many of your neighbors do to.

The Swiss have control of most of the money and financial services in Europe ( most of the world that counts on top of that). No one wants to invade them.. and they police whatever riff-raff they have around or deport them.

I have to figure the Swiss dialects dont have an equivilant phrase for words like, "baby momma", "hoodie", "homeboy", "crip", "blood" or "wack" either.

Hill

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's also a postage stamp with only a few million people's worth of population.

BTS

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

It's also a postage stamp with only a few million people's worth of population.

BTS

thanks... I forgot to mention that part.

The people of Switzerland have proved that they are responsible enough to own firearms. Perhaps you could ask them for advice on improving your people.~FD

The Swiss people are in a compulsory mode of keeping a government- owed arenal in private homes. If it's required by law they prove nothing about personal responsibility .. at least no more that an individual troop need to demonstrate in doing his sworn duty.

Other words... the Swiss are not demonstrating a responsible excercise in personal freedom ... and what they has no comparison to the way law -abiding Americans relate to personal fire arm ownership.

How did I do anyway?

~Hill

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    How did I do anyway?

Also, there is a distinction between a state controlled militia and a militia that exists as a control on the state.

Switzerland has the former.

BTS

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    In Switzerland, they own guns as part of a well regulated militia. It's a radical concept that would be foreign to Americans ;) 6o9

Six... if the govt wants to leave an M4 and a foot locker of goodies at my house all the time do you think they could give me a tax-break? I'd rather muster out when the fire horn in town rings that do all that driving to the Armory and stuff... it's a real hassle ya know.

Hill

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hillbilly:

Other words... the Swiss are not demonstrating a responsible excercise in personal freedom ... and what they has no comparison to the way law -abiding Americans relate to personal fire arm ownership.

OK, so apparently the Swiss can't help you. Have you any suggestions as to what would help? More guns, perhaps?

Incidentally, what would (or should) happen if an evil militia tried to overthrow the government, or is it a given that an armed mob is always in the right?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Incidentally, what would (or should) happen if an evil militia tried to overthrow the government, or is it a given that an armed mob is always in the right? ~FD

I think what defines evil...either as a government or a group that would overthrow a government would be what the majority of people think it is. Obviously, tyrants dont think they are bad... but the folks they tyranise do. Hitlers rise to power sent dozens of folks gettin out of Dodge and only a few officers in his Army saw a need to take him out. (bonus. the unarmed get gassed en mass)

If we had say...the KKK or some Ayrian group, for example, pick up enough steam to overthrow the goverment I whould hope the majority of folks would rise and help to counter the attack. But then, if the majority of my countrymen would support such a power base I would be a "expatriate" pretty quickly.

Of course...leaving your folks armed and informed is risky... but if we expect good men to come to the aid of our nation thats a trust that has to be tendered.

And your second point... we dont need any more or less guns in the USA... the issue is and always has been in this country..Do we enforce the laws we already have? Guns are not destroying the country...nor the ownership of guns or the manufacturing of guns.... Criminals who break the law (all laws) are what brings a county down.

This is a question of morality. If you will kill me to take my stuff you will do it with or without a gun. The tool you use has no bearing on your choice to act.

Hill

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I think we've officially reached a dead end on this thread. We've begun discussing What If scenarios and we're entertaining ideas of things that will never happen, unless everyone puts on the new personality and Jehovah ushers in a Righteous New System of things.

I must depart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0B_UZNtEk4

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit