WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

America is not the America you see on TV. Gun violence is uncommon in SW Michigan. I don't own a gun. I've never shot a gun. School shootings happen in other countries. They happen from zero to one or two per year. When they happen, it's all over the news.

Materialism and selfishness are America's worst enemies. Greed in our current presidential administration doesn't help.

• avishai
    avishai

>>>>hi oompa since america also has the largest incidence of accidental deaths involving children playing with their parents guns, I think I'm still glad not to have deadly weapons around the house.<<<
    Really? No scissors, rocks, cricket bats, knives, chemicals, glass, etc., etc.,?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Really? No scissors, rocks, cricket bats, knives, chemicals, glass, etc., etc.,?

And how about draino?

Guns should be locked in a cabinet or safe if there are kids or teenagers around.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

For anyone who believe that guns are the sole culprit in killing people then read this....... compliments of Gun Owners of America.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

Cars make people drive drunk.

and the clincher of them all........

Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

HappyDad

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.....

My husband owns several guns........ none have ever killed a person or as of yet even been aimed at another human being.

Gun safety and respect has been preached to both of my children since they were infants.

My daughter participates in shooting events and my son will to when he becomes eligible.

Yes my kids have even wrote to dear Uncle Ted's show too.....

Personal safety and hunting are very much valued by my family and everyone I know (including circuit JWs).

The outdoors channel is on daily in my house too.

If a person is determined on committing murder..... remove the gun and they will use a knife, blunt object, explosive, rope, poison, their bare hands or by whatever other means their mind can devise.

Many times those who commit crimes with guns, are not legally entitled to such a weapon. They purchased them or obtained them illegally. So removing lawful guns will do little since the blackmarket will still supply.

Respectfully..............Yknot

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Duh, guns don't kill people, bullets kill people. Why don't all the meddling foreigners tell Americans to implement "bullet control"?

• Brother Apostate
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's not the guns that are initiating the use of force, threats of force, or fraud. It is the people that misuse them. If no one ever initiated the use of force, threats of force, or fraud because they were afraid that they would be killed in an act of self defense, no one would ever need them.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    If no one ever initiated the use of force, threats of force, or fraud because they were afraid that they would be killed in an act of self defense, no one would ever need them.

I keyed in on this statement.

If no one... lets stop there, please. It should be well understood that force, threats of force, fraud, etc, will be perpetrated. To be "afraid" needs to be examined. Why be "afraid"?

If you are right, you have no need for fear.

Do you know what that means?

To be right?

Few do.

BA- Expecting an avalanche.

PS- But to live in your utopiamight be cool.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

LoB here, late to the party as usual . . Others here have already said it . . gun ownership from the Constitutional viewpoint is not about self defence but overthrowing an oppressive government.

Witness needs to get his head out of his arse.

My thoughts on gun control . .

1. Gun control is being able to hit a man sized target with my M14 or M1 Garand at 500 meters from the standing, sittling, or prone position, EVERY TIME.
    2. Guns don't kill (bad) people . . trigger control, sight picture, breathing, and proper sling utilization kill (bad) people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit