Another fossil link found

by Caedes 98 Replies latest social current

• Caedes
    Caedes

Some excellent points,

Since we are all links in a long chain then I suppose all fossils are 'missing' links. It is a depressing thought that there are so many people out there who are willing to remain ignorant of one of the most important and well proven scientific theories around.

Snowbird,

How are we ignoring the issue? Abiogenesis has been discussed many times on this board. The fact that science doesn't have evidence of abiogenesis is not ignoring the issue, it's called being honest. Science has no theory of abiogenesis since it has no evidence, unlike the theory of evolution for which there is an overwhelming wealth of evidence.

• ninja
    ninja

so they changed into turtles?

• oompa
    oompa

what is wrong with god using free will crammed into animals dna to change as they want to?...that could lead to quite a variety, and that there had to be a creator is all i have left as to faith...no matter what we want to believe...something can not come from nothing...(except maybe god?)......oompa

the world and universe are just too incredible to me...from the atom and molecule to the planets and gigundo stars......

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Since we are all links in a long chain ...

Long chain from where or to where?

That's what I meant by non-creationists' ignorance.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Who created evolution?

BTS

• ninja
    ninja

from slime to divine....high freemasonic doctrine......that we are moving towards Godhood

• Kudra
    Kudra

I am just so fascinated by evolution. I really got short shrift when I went through high school and college as I didn't even believe in evolution then and never took any classes in it...

When I finish my current schooling I think I will sneak back for a bachelors in human evolution- anthropology or something...

For now I have to settle for "Clan of the Cave Bear"... :P

-K

• sir82
    sir82

Who created evolution?

Who created the creator of evolution?

• Caedes
    Caedes

Ninja,

I have already answered this but since you seem to be having difficulty in grasping the concept so I will try again.

Sea turtles and land based turtles are two completely distinct groups so we are talking about an ancester common to two distinct families (as opposed to species)

• Caedes
    Caedes

Long chain from where or to where?

That's

what I meant by non-creationists' ignorance.

Sylvia

Evolution will tell you nothing about abiogenesis or about the future direction of any species, it is about how species adapt to their environment over time. Scientific theories are always limited in this way.

That is a bit like saying that rationalists (I'll use that term since evolution is accepted as being true by the overwhelming majority of the scientific community and because the term "non-creationist" is just highlighting your ignorance and bias) are ignorant because gravity tells us nothing about the future of planet earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit