Another fossil link found

by Caedes 98 Replies latest social current

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    What I've found difficult is evolution will have a missing link fossil found proclaim it to the world fit it nicely in their graph and then if it turns up as a living fossil swimming around the ocean they try and explain only part of it's group went on to form a new group/species while the others stayed the same for millions of years.

OK so this is easy, the "missing link" that people are talking about is based on transitional fossils. For instance a Scientist finds three fossils, one with a nose at the end of a snout, one with the nose at the forehead, finally one on top of the head (which would now be a blowhole). So they're missing that second fossil that has a nose in the middle of the face, before the forehead but above the snout. Science makes a prediction that there will be an organism with this change, hence they're looking for a "missing link". They can predict the time frame it would've lived in, the general strata where it would be, etc. You might want to look at the sheer enormous list of transitional fossils to see that for the most part the "missing link" they're looking for are found. As to why only part of the species adapted is because it's through mutation. Let's say some change occured in our environment that gave people with six fingers a better chance at survival. We know that this mutation occurs occasionally but serves no real benefit, however if it did serve a benefit then people with this mutation would survive in greater numbers than those who didn't. Not to say the others would've survive, but eventually if the attribute was that great, then you would see only six fingered humans surviving. Then someone would look for a missing link between the five fingered and six fingered humans.

Evolution is post predictive they fit the finds to the theory concentrating on what fits ignoring what doesn't, Its just an alternative to faith in God in this case it's faith in creation itself, mother earth it's old religion, time is evolutionists God they say throw enough time at a thing it will change and of course you gotta learn all your ...illion words to sound authentic.

You might want to check on this, it actually is not post-predictive. There's an article on panda's thumb about a scientist predicting where he would find a missing link for a specific animal (which escapes me now) and for years they couldn't find it. About 4 years ago they did. Evolution does not at all dismiss what doesn't fit, you're explaining creationism there. Explain how Chromosome 2 shows the extra telomeres that are evident in a merged chromosome? The thing is there's no faith in evolution, it's totally falsifyable. Please go to pubmed.com and check out the genome sequencing to see how the endrogenous retroviruses match up to the fossil record which matches up biological phylogenetic trees. If it wasn't falsifyable they would not match up the way they do. Please research it, you'll see the jaw dropping amount of evidence in favor of evolution.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I don't believe in evolution because I have faith, I believe in evolution because the empirical evidence shows that evolution is a fact.

no smugness there then lol

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Brother Apostate:

Or, to correct the title of this thread for accuracy's sake:

Another fossil link found

BA- 'Nuff said.

No improvement in accuracy, but your post does demonstrate the intellectual poverty of the creationist worldview. For scientists, this is an exciting find as it fills a gap in knowledge, it confirms some predictions, and likely challenges others. For creationists however, this is just another item to add to a list that already contains millions of items. They might bother to describe it but it doesn't have to fit in anywhere. It won't confirm any hypothesis, it won't disprove any hypothesis and it won't lead to to any new hypotheses. All they can say is Hey, we found another fossil and they think that's "'Nuff said". How desperately sad.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I don't believe in evolution because I have faith, I believe in evolution because the empirical evidence shows that evolution is a fact.
    no smugness there then lol

Yeah, how smug, admitting my worldview could change if the evidence pointed to a different conclusion. Still at least I don't think that I was the first to have thought of something as glaringly obvious as naming differing taxonomic groups before those "clever scientists"

you would have thought that some clever scientist would have given them completely distinct names then.

"Clever" What an interesting choice of insult. So, no further comment now that I have saved you the trouble of doing the five minutes of searching required to find the answer to your question?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I have notice that it is easier to reject something that threatens our world view than to take the time to understand it. I realised that the people who reject evolution do not understand or even know what evolution is all about. I would reject evolution exactly for those reasons. I realised that everything I thought I knew about evolution was very inaccurate and came from very bias sources( WT, creationist).

• hooberus
    hooberus

funkyderek said:

Creationists at least have a certain naive honesty where they simply deny the overwhelming scientific evidence for the history of our universe and declare their holy book to be true. The ostensibly more rational theists or deists have a more insidious approach, where they simply find a gap in our current knowledge and assert that the only thing that can fill that gap is a god, an intelligent complex entity whom they further declare - to avoid the infinite regress - to be an exception to the very rule that supposedly requires his existence.

And what "rule" would that be?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

hoob

One of the rules God created. They can't get thier brains around that.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Personally, I'm of the belief that it will be God Himself, not science, that will make His intentions crystal clear.

Read your Scripture Sylvia, God has accomplished what he wants through human agency many times. Also, science studies the created world, and as Paul said, we learn of God from what he has made. Science is a human tool and God can use it as he wills. We are on the edge of a number of breakthroughs that could radically change human existence. We may even be able to extend the human body's life span many times over, perhaps as long as we want. That is starting to sound a bit like everlasting life.

Who knows what's coming? I sure don't.

"The Lord works in mysterious ways"

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Personally, I'm of the belief that it will be God Himself, not science, that will make His intentions crystal clear.
    Read your Scripture Sylvia,

I do and do and do. From The Message Bible:

Revelation 21: 3-5 Never again will anything be cursed. The Throne of God and of the Lamb is at the center. His servants will offer God service—worshiping, they'll look on his face, their foreheads mirroring God. Never again will there be any night. No one will need lamplight or sunlight. The shining of God, the Master, is all the light anyone needs. And they will rule with him age after age after age.

We are on the edge of a number of breakthroughs that could radically change human existence. We may even be able to extend the human body's life span many times over, perhaps as long as we want. That is starting to sound a bit like everlasting life.

That sounds alright, but it's the "we" part that worries me. Who will be the beneficiaries of such cutting edge knowledge? Who benefits the most right now?

"The Lord works in mysterious ways"

BTS

He most certainly does, and if William Cowper was so moved to write a hymn about His wonderful ways 2 and 1/2 centuries ago, how much more should we, who are right on the cusp of His revelation, extol Him today?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit