SICK JWS

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Renniaa, why don't you tear yourself away from the apostate web sites and google Dr Jerry Bergman. He has three degrees, one being a PhD in psychology. He was a witness an an elder. If you don't believe me (20yrs of clinical experience) maybe he will be more convincing to you.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I wonder what ever happened to that scripture that says Jehovah will not let you suffer more than you can bare. Therefore none of the witnesses should be on medications for anything according to this scripture if they have faith in him. Because really who can endure the pain of depression and its devasting effects, well frankly not many so then if they ask God then it should stop and they are all happy and healthy campers.

Or is that one of Russells ole time remedies or Rutherford's tonics with a dash of bitters.

Wonder if Moses had to deal with all the same crap when the Isrealites were in the wilderness for 40 years?

I am just thinking out loud.

Orangefatcat.

Oh yeah what about that text that says if anyone among you is sick anoint that person with oil. So like why so much mental illness in the organization it is because they are expected to do the impossible and in this day and age the impossible is just that impossible leading to issues of illness of types. ulcers, IBS, depression, COD, Mental or emotional breakdowns.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember back in the 70's many of the witness ladies, sisters were sickly.

They were into vitamins, alternative remedys and multi level marketing.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

They were into vitamins, alternative remedys and multi level marketing.

The dubs still are. My JW dad, mom, brother, sister and quite a few other dubs are into a product called immunocal.

Get this it has anti-aging properties. Multi marketed overpriced tonic for gullible twits.

• wings
    wings
    I used to get sick every Sunday, Tuesday night, and Thursday night.

Sylvia, in my family we called this aliment BMS....Before Meeting Syndrome....The symptoms usually involved a head ache and or a stomach ache.

wings I've been cured!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

There was nothing SPECULATIVE or HEARSAY about what I knew of the JWs in not one but THREE different congregations over the course of 13 years in, and when you spend that much time with people you know ALL of them. And they love to talk about their ailments. Many MANY were alcoholics. Many many MANY were depressed, though they always said they would be better if they only went out in service more, or studied more, or prayed more or whatever "spiritual" remedy they should be taking under the guise of saying what they thought you wanted to hear. I heard so much about homeopathic remedies for everything. They didnt of course go to see a SHRINK because the WT says not to and to do so would endanger your spirituality, so B12 and St. Johns Wart and other non-spiritually threatening and useless remedies were oft recommended. One woman I knew from the get go who was of the ANNOINTED mind you, had every ailment known to mankind and was always swooning from one thing or the other. She came to live with me for a few months with her husband and she brought with her an entire cabinet full of bottles of shit I never heard of. It looked more like voodoo.

Yep... no speculation there.

• oompa
    oompa
    wings:
    I used to get sick every Sunday, Tuesday night, and Thursday night.

Sylvia, in my family we called this aliment BMS....Before Meeting Syndrome....

ROFLMAO!!!.....geeze i did that a ton!!.......just never named it!.....wings that is awesome!....and to think i was never sick till you gave me crabs...............oompa

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I have seen it growing up as a JW and then later when I was disassociated but still in touch with my JW MOM. My Mom was always having nervous breakdowns when I was growing up.and she was always sick with something or other. I am talking from 1960 until the 1990's and they were serving where the need was great and dedicated their whole life to Jehovah and serving him. My parents were sincere and really thought it was the truth but they were never happy and I had to do all the housework and cooking from the age of 10 onward as she was always in bed sick or depressed. 30 years later she was still depressed and I have letters she wrote to the elders but never sent with her woes and upsets. She was always telling me until 2 years ago (she died) that Armageddon was just around the corner and the proof was that so many in the congregation were depressed and sick. She needed help and encouragement when she got cancer but no one phoned her or visited. I said why and she said Oh they are so sick or have so many problems that they can't cope and I don't expect them to encourage me, they need it more. I was wondering about all this having been gone from the Borg for so long. Now I understand that its not the End of the System of things that is making them sick and depressed its being a JW.

Velvetann

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

It's the ultimate Catch 22...if you are depressed, then Jehovah has left you and apparently you have left HIM and arent doing what is required of you. If you do what is required of you and are still depressed, then you arent doing enough and need to do more. So having done all that and still not felt better, you get even more depressed and the elders tell you you are a spiritual black hole where Jehovahs light cant shine because you are not joyful in His service and while feeding at his spiritual banquets. And then your friends start to treat you like a spiritual leper...and your depression increases. And you cant go see a professional about it because you brought this on yourself and the WT wont allow it...so your depression deepens. And you cant commit suicide or you wont be in the New System and none of those homeopathic remedies do anything but give you diarhea....

And virtually EVERY study I went on as a Jw was with a 1) mentally unstable person 2) a lonely person who only wanted company 3) a single mother who needed help which we gave as long as she studied 4) people on the bottom peg already that would believe anything you said because no one else wanted them any more.

Free thinking, logical, smart and stable individuals were NOT attracted to being a Jehovahs Witness.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Lovesdubs,

You have hit the nail right on the head. It's how they control your mind.

It is always your fault. ALWAYS. Think of Job and what he went through... you can handle depression!

And they throw out every other scripture in the bible.

It's always your fault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit