SICK JWS

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I dare say a huge number are hypochondriacs for example when certain awake articles deal with subjects such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or Epstein Barr, or Fibromyalgia, COD, and mental and emotional distresses and that is just to name a few. Do you recall in your mind how many witnesses mostly sisters were convinced they had these conditions. I recall for every article that came out with some ailment my mother had it. Yep she convinced herself she had. She would go to the doctor tell him she read it in the Awake magazine and she felt he should test her to see if she had it. The doctor has humoured my mom for years because he can't do anything for my mom. My mom is her own worst enemy. It is really really sad that is all she talks about and I suppose some witnesses get fed up with listening to her. I know my Aunt who is not a JW is fed up with her and her constant complaining of her aliments. Once upon a time the wts said that taking medication was an approach to the demons.

For years my mother condemned me for being on anti depressants. She said I was making room for Satan. I would just listen to go on and on and just really ignore her. Just prior to my dads death by a few years my mother was a basket case and she really needed to be on medication badly especially for her Compulsive Obsessive disorder, she had it bad. it drove me insane watching her all the time, and I know it made my dad crazy too, well the doctor told her he was putting her on anti depressants and something for the COD. She said no. Around the same time an article came out on depression and it mentioned that at times witnesses had to be on medications for depression. Well my goodness you would have thought the end was nigh she was ecstatic now she had Gods blessing through the GB to now take medication. I was livid of course and I wanted to just go over and literally smack my mom for all those terrible things she said to me.

It wouldn't have done a damn bit of good though because she would have said oh well . Their narrow mindedness just throws me at times. After my mom started ,then two of my other sisters also started on anti depressants as well as heart pills see what happens when you do to under stress or duress. My mom is also on heart medication.

I dare say a huge precentage of JW's are on some kind of meds and in some sort of theraphy and I dare say half of them wish they could leave the organization without reprecutions. IMHO And also I believe streneously that if these individuals left the organization most of them would be able to discontinue their anti depressents all except for those who have chemical imbalances or bipolar, or schziphrenia.

Orangefatcat.

Orangefatcat

• golf2
    golf2

Min, I've always said the witnesses were emotional misfits.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

It was estimated that 5% of those in the circuit I was in were suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Interestingly, in the 14 years since I broke with the JWs, I have not encountered a single person suffering from CFS. Jack.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hypercondriacs - that's what we had. They had had every sickness, illness, depression, anything really before you did, or worse than you did and could never get better .. blah blah blah Ghod it was draining! Very negative vibes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit