SICK JWS

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Renaiaa is blinded by the changing light.It's sometimes hard for sick people to recognize their own illnesses.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes Minimus, those eyes of understanding LOL

• minimus
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

for instance Minimus..."this generation will by no means pass away until all things occur...the WT had somewhat of a vague view of what it could mean...a dull light...uh, wait...no they claimed to have the brightest possible light. They definitively identified it as the physical generation that saw the events of 1914...and the light got brighter over the years as generation came to mean not those of an understanding age in 1914 but anyone born in 1914. See how the god of the WT provided.

Then the light got even brighter in 1995! Well, actually that light was put out and the bulb was changed, It now meant those who saw the sign of Christ's invisible presence and failed to mend their ways- regardless of when born. Doesn't this build so well on the previous understanding. Then the WT god corrected his org further....refining them. 1/08 "This generation " now is the god of the WT's elect. The WT annointed will be around till the end- they are the generation that will by no means pass away. Wait, umm...this refinement again just turned off the previous light and changed bulbs. And made jesus words at Matt which seem to indicate a time restriction mean absolutely nothing.

Refining light or deranged drivel??

• minimus
    minimus

Facing reality would get any JW sick.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yeah Minimus...thins like those ever-changing doctrines under the guise of new-light from God can be very depressing.

• minimus
    minimus

...can make you go crazy, even.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My Dad was never a witness and when we had family dinners my mom would catch me up on the ones in her hall i knew . Ultimately it was a run down of illnesses of who has what now ...my Dad would say "My God don't you know any people that are not sick !"

I found the witnesses seemed to wear their illnesses as a badge of honor compared to the people I worked with . Just about every Watchtower study my sister in law had some comment that would relate back to her suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome . Several sisters had some type of environmental illness that others needed to treat them specially because of. In our small hall we had at least four that had breakdowns mentally and ended up spending time in Mental health units.

Prozac and zanax was passed around the hall like mints (seriously I had to finally tell someone those are prescription drugs and too dangerous to pass to those not under doctors care )

As far as closet alcoholics six or seven and one pioneer for sure .

The sad thing is so many of the young ones grew up thinking this is normal behavior and now there are twenty yr olds dependent on anti depressants too .And quite a few the figure under age drinking was no big deal and so now in their twenties are good witness hard drinkers .

I have to disagree with you Renaiaa (no big surprise there)I have found the people I associate with now at work and socially not nearly plagued by illness ,mental or physical as I did when I attended the hall . Or , Maybe it's just that they keep it more to themselves because they don't have to prove to anyone they are to sick to go to the meeting or field service .

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret
    We were fine until 1995, then many of the older ones started taking depression medication.

Hi Ynot,

Do you think that was coz of the generation change?

Even when I was in, I noticed that poor health was a huge problem. Literally every family was dealing with some member with a chronic illness. In some cases more than one member was quite ill.

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

The last time they cane knocking at my door I saed to them as they were leaving do not forget to take your antidepression medication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit