SICK JWS

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• crazycate
    crazycate

I eventually began to wonder, if the Lord's "yoke is kindly and his load light," why the whole thing was so exhausting--never getting to sleep in, and always feeling that, no matter how much you did, it was never enough.

I think some people develop maladies, real or imagined, to explain, either to others or themselves, why they aren't doing more. It eases the guilt.

Cate

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

How does that Scripture go.............

'Expectation makes the heart sick!'

No Armageddon yet, no destruction of apostates yet, no new order (world) yet, no end of the preaching work yet, blah, blah, blah....

Outaservice

• snowbird
    snowbird

Uh huh, Outa.

From The Message Bible:

Proverbs 13:12 Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick,
    but a sudden good break can turn life around.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

But Reniaa, Jehovah's Witnesses are the "happiest people in the world!!!" Yeah, right!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sylvia,

Uh huh, Outa.

From The Message Bible:

Proverbs 13:12 Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick,
    but a sudden good break can turn life around.

Sylvia

Good one...i personally thought of Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but [when] the desire cometh, [it is] a tree of life.

Armageddon always around the corner seems to do that.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Many Bible cults offer new recruits what can be referred to as Spiritual Materialism.

"Join us and you can live in a Paradise, REALLY SOON! You'll be perfect, with no pains and no troubles!"

Eventually, whether they want to admit it or not, the things they were promised on the front end do not pan out.

Surely this has an impact on some.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin
    reniaaRe: Re: SICK JWS

Post 696 of 696
    since 11-Mar-08

hearsay and predjudiced, speculative opinion all are welcome on this baited thread.....

lets not mention that depression is one of the biggest growing illnesses in the wealthier countries ooops soz a bit to much reality!

Agreed that depression is on of the fastest growing illnesses in the wealthier countries. "Jehovah's people" are no different....their org is subject to the same scandals as Christendom. Their members are no different from so called worldings.

And you are different from the so called world how again?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Conversely I know personally multiple former Witnesses who were depressed while JWs and on anti-depressants. Since leaving the org they no longer need the meds.

• minimus
    minimus

I know of exjws that no longer take meds too.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

hearsay and predjudiced, speculative opinion all are welcome on this baited thread.....

lets not mention that depression is one of the biggest growing illnesses in the wealthier countries ooops soz a bit to much reality!

Puleezze! My mother in law, a fanatical JW, wrote me a letter last year and one of her comments was so telling about the 'happiest people on earth'...She asked me if anyone should expect to be happy? Did the bible every say anyone should be happy? Just look at xxx and xxx and xxx and xxx...(she went on and on with names of people), do you think they are happy? No, not in their circumstances ..but they are serving Jehovah and that does make them happy. LOL..it's a JOKE..on one hand you are supposed to be the happiest people around, but not in your 'real' life, just in your society life and then in your self righteous snobbery, look down on those housebound, mentally sick individuals who don't go out in service because they are too busy popping Ativan(?) in order to cope with another day. Prejudiced? No. Hearsay? No. Real? Yes. I don't know any witnesses that don't have issues - of course if we divide them into good witnesses and poor witnesses then I guess I would say that the poor witness, the one who has lunch with his worldly female workmate, sneaks into the R rated movies, reads anything he wants, takes vacations and has only half a foot inside the kingdom hall - well, he has less issues than the good witness because he doesn't believe it all, he just has more to lose if he leaves. He's really a non believer in a JW cloak but nobody knows it - not even the other CO's or PO's that are his brothers..sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit