Kingdom Hall Weddings - November Kingdom Ministry

by BluesBrother 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

All the same back in 1990 when I got married. They wouldn't allow outside music and I was told that this was because the people who wrote those songs (classical songs) were not followers of J, and we don't know what evil thoughts were in their heads when they wrote it. I had a hobby of music composition so I asked what about if I wrote a song. NOPE, not allowed! I guess they weren't convinced that I didn't have evil thoughts as well.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I got married in the mid eighties right after a three part Watchtower article about marriage (no kids) and wedding that honor Jehovah. So the BOE were really full of themselves and rules, sooo much drama. Why wasn't I brave enough to do what Blondie did and just get married outside or at the reception hall? Brainwashed!

• Mary
    Mary

I could never figure out why they would have a problem with playing "Here Comes the Bride" as the bride was walking down the aisle. Maybe they thought the Kingdom Hall would burst into flames if a "worldly" song was being played inside the walls of the New Jerusalem.

• inkling
    inkling
    And now the ENTIRE congregation is invited???

I don't see where it says that...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Seems like our entire district was invited to ours! We had almost 300 people at ours.

If you hold it in the KH, I think it is technically open to everyone. I only know of one couple who had a private wedding in a Hall. Or maybe if it is announced at meeting.

• undercover
    undercover
    And now the ENTIRE congregation is invited???
    I don't see where it says that...

It doesn't really say that everyone in the congregation is invited but since they are to make an announcement that the hall will be used for a wedding on such-and-such date, most in the congregation took it as an open invite.

I knew old sisters who showed up at every wedding in the hall, invited or not. They figured that since it was in the hall they had the right to come and witness the ceremony

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My first wedding to a Jdub was at the hall. And all had to be invited. We had to send invites to several cong's and they all posted on their bulletin board. We did make the reception by invitation only though. Prob pissed a lot of moochers that didn't get their free meal off!!!

I had a soloist at the wedding too. She could only sing kingdom melodies though! Of course it was " Marriage is God's arrangement" and I forget whatelse....

• halcyon
    halcyon

It seems from what I've heard around here, private weddings on private grounds is becoming a trend. Not so many KH weddings anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

And of course this "counsel" I wonder if the bride and groom's parents are not jws if THEY would be invited?

w97 4/15 p. 25 Weddings That Honor Jehovah ***Some have chosen to invite worldly acquaintances or unbelieving relatives to the wedding talk rather than to the reception. Why? Well, there have been cases when worldly relatives created such an embarrassing situation at a wedding reception that many brothers and sisters felt that they could not remain
  • caliber
    caliber

Say... here is a question I have for someone like Blondie.....We put our Wedding day program

on the announcement board at the kingdom Hall.. next thing I know there is a big felt mark

covering over the reception and dance ! When I inquired I was told that these other events

were not Theocratic events therefore could not be listed on the board .. they told me that

it was in a article of one WT. and it could be shown to me... so I said" fine show me the article"

They were embarrassed when they were unable to find it in the library but with red faces said

well we have been this in the past it would be unfair to make exception for me.. I agreed of

course.. I try to be as agreeable as possible ! But I'm sure they were being honest with me

could anyone produce such an article ????? Here's the other kicker though we put the same

program up in the brides hall and nothing was said or done !!!! Inquiring minds need to know !

wondering

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit