Kingdom Hall Weddings - November Kingdom Ministry

by BluesBrother 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

My sister got engaged afer I first became inactive. I had not been reproved or 'caught' in any wrongdoing. Simply put, I was just not at meetings or in service. (I was however still making an appearance at assemblies) At the time, I was engaged to be married to my now husband who was also inactive. She phoned me in tears one day explaining she could not have me be in her wedding party b/c the elder they wanted to perform the ceremony (which was not even going to be in a KH) would not preside over te wedding if I (being inactive) were in the wedding party. I told her not to worry it was ok. But it was another nail in the coffin for me...

• Calebs Airplane
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Let me tell you his this KM affected me.

When I started knowing the TTATT (As in ERV and Chromosome 2 and israel finkelstien's acheology etc) I was in a serious relationship with the JW sister in the Philippines who would become my wife. The day I left... after our engagment.... her uncle (The Secretary of her congregation) wanted my records... I was expecting this and knew what to do....

I came back to canada and did my first aux pioneer month (Easy to forge)

Next I attended 75% of meeting and did mikes like a slave while laughing at the bible highlights for 1-2 kings. (It is so biased anyone should see it)

Fainally 8 months later i returned for a month to get married and found my records arrive... now the elders were all happy because they got ana emial recomendation for my Secretary in canada. (Wow that wasn't hard idiots! What if I was a killer or something ) That is not screening

To be truthful we were not even married in the KH.... it was cheaper to have the wedding and reception at same place.

Once we said I do however the elders all changed towards me here..... before it was like... pioneer... forget women... F children... etc/... once I married then they wanted very much to encourage me... well I went inactive 6 months to avoid it... not I find the elders ... are MY toys to rule... they are so bent on helping a husband-wife-child I can milk them dry for leaving us alone.... lol... soon to end I know... I know 3 out of 6 of the elders here don't belive anymore... I sent them a DVD ... in the mailbox of ERVs

• Quendi
    Quendi

During my last years as a Witness, I refused to attend any Witness weddings. I found them to be lifeless and colorless affairs to begin with and the insistence on only Kingdom Melodies being used underlined this. I was also single and felt completely left out. Those attending would make pointed comments to me about when my turn to get maried was coming which I found extremely offensive. The hothouse atmosphere was most unwelcome and in the end I decided to spare myself a lot of anguish and simply boycott them all. The weddings of non-Witnesses, by contrast, were wonderfully refreshing occasions which made me very happy to attend and be a part of the love and joy being celebrated.

Quendi

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Although it is not a requirement that all in the wedding party be baptized, it would not be appropriate to include in the wedding party individuals whose lifestyle grossly conflicts with Bible principles or whose conduct would raise questions in the minds of those attending.

In other words, unbeliever daddy is not going to walk his daughter down the aisle, because that could stumble the ex and JW in-laws. Just sit there, shut up, and don't forget your checkbook.

@JuliaOrwell: good for you! I wish that had been my experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit