Kingdom Hall Weddings - November Kingdom Ministry

by BluesBrother 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

They might have been thinking of this:

*** km 1/89 p. 7 Question Box ***Although a brief announcement concerning a wedding scheduled to take place in the Kingdom Hall may be made at one of the meetings, a formal wedding announcement would not be placed on the information board. Neither would it be proper to post announcements about gatherings of a strictly social nature, since these are not related to congregation activities.—See TheWatchtower, April 15, 1984, page 15; KingdomMinistry, June 1975, page 4, and May 1970, page 8.
    *** km 5/70 p. 8 Question Box ***The information board is not to be used for personal items such as "shower" announcements.

I can see why some jws would not want the reception info posted if they are doing it by invitation only. Also, some jws might be trying to save money by having that info posted rather than sending invitations. I'm not saying anyone here had that motivation, but I can see some elders "reasoning" that way.

Blondie

• mind my own
    mind my own

Sounds like a whole lot of rules to me...and not much fun at all!

MMO

• sacolton
    sacolton

My wife and I had our wedding at a dance hall and she got to decorate it how she wanted. It was beautiful. She wanted her JW best friend to be her Maid of Honor, but when her best friend found out that my wife also invited her worldly cousin to be one of the MoH, she refused. Nice, eh? Feel that love? Feel it? Yeah! Now, my bi-polar sister-in-law (another JW) decided to have a crying fit (nothing to do with the wedding) before the ceremony and needed some kid-gloves to get her to calm down. The elder that studied the Knowledge Book with me decided not to attend because I chose to get married instead of going to Bethel like a good JW. Feel that love? Yeah! This same elder grilled me TWICE for handing out our wedding invitations at the KH. Can't do it inside the building! (It's considered business). Caught me again outside in the parking lot handing them out. Can't do it there either! (It's on God's turf and considered business!) Boy, he was mad about that. Had to mail each one. A few months later, I'm standing at the magazine counter and lo and behold, someone has placed a bunch of fancy pens with their business printed on them. The elders didn't have a problem with that. Hmmm.

• caliber
    caliber

Blondie,

You found exactly what I wanted.. you never cease to amaze me ! Thank you so much ! ..

Caliber

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Cindy_67:

I was going to comment on this as well. Just when I think the WTS can't stoop any lower, can't meddle where they don't belong, and most of all, insist on controlling people in EVERY area of their lives, then these idiots print this. Do the elders get their jollies from hearing stories? What couple in their right minds would even allow Mr. "I'm only important when I carry my leather briefcase" to even ASK any questions, much less tell him anything. If I had done anything, I certainly wouldn't answer. And if I hadn't done anything, I'd still tell him to mind his own business. That would get him wondering since most people would say they hadn't done anything if that were true.

I got married in 1977 and this never happened. Did anyone here get grilled like this before your wedding?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was grilled by the BOE in my first wedding. A little over the top if u ask me. Don't these guys have a life?

2nd time around I did not give them the opportunity as we eloped.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Speaking of using outside music, check this out. We used some Kingdom Melodies at our wedding. But we also slipped in a beautiful acoustic guitar piece by hair band Tesla. I think it's at the beginning of "Love Song" (could be wrong on that though.) It played when my wife came walking down the aisle. Got the idea from a "worldly" girl I worked with.

• LDH
    LDH

All these rules are your clue, it's not YOUR wedding. LOL.

• mama1119
    mama1119

The whole process is ridiculous. Just another way for the elders to keep themselves looking busy and important.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I cracked up when I saw this 1984 WT quote:
    :They will, naturally, want to assure him that there are no moral or legal impediments to their marrying

What a pile of shit. They want to get married so they can boink without guilt, but if they boink before they get married, then they not only have the guilt but there is a "moral impediment" to their marrying and maybe they can't marry after all. But if they want to boink so much and can't "scripturally" boink in WatchtowerLand as a married couple, then they will boink without the benefit of marriage, which keeps them from marrying and perpetually guilt ridden, when WHAT THEY WANTED TO DO IN THE FIRST FRIGGIN' PLACE was to get married without all that other bullshit in the way!

What happened to the idea of a guy and gal who boinked before marriage and then the guy married the gal to make an "honorable woman" of her because he dearly loved her?

Solomon had 300 wives and 600 concubines. That situation would keep all the elders in 6 Western States busy for years trying to sort that out! Since elderettes usually file their nails during sex, those elders would have a vicarious ball if they were assigned Solomon's case!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit