Kingdom Hall Weddings - November Kingdom Ministry

by BluesBrother 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• halcyon
    halcyon

I remember a girl walked down the aisle to the Kingdom Melody song, "I Want To." It made me think she had to convince herself, or something. She and the groom had done some heavy-duty fiddling around and got in trouble for it, which was why they ended up married, I think ... she wasn't preggo but it was the JW equivalent of a shotgun wedding.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I could understand legal impediments to marriage-but MORAL? Isn't that kind of moot if they are marrying? Are they gonna tell the engaged couple who went "too far" that they should morally NOT be married?

My mom always acted personally offended if people who 'lived together' then got married. Worse yet if they CELEBRATED it after they got pregnant or after the baby was born.

Does that attitude prevail with all religious people, or do some think that marriage might be a good thing for people who can't keep their pants on when they are together, or who have a child or who are living together? If anything, they are at least moving into what most people consider to be a moral arrangement, and definitely a legal one! If folks DO have a baby and marry, isn't that all the more reason to celebrate? They are making a (hopefully) strong family bond with their child and (apparently) are doing it cause they want to.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This sure sounds like everything is scripted. There is absolutely no spontaneity--both parties have to be in good standing (what happens if one or both get reproved?). Only Kingdumb sxxx can be used. You are required to honestly report sexual activity that may have happened before (yea, right--how are they going to cross-check to make sure they don't lie on that like they lie on their field circus reports?).

I would rather, after reading that crap, have a wedding at a regular church. At least there, any worldly music that isn't too blatantly objectionable to the majority of people that would be present is acceptable.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sounds about the same as when I got married....in a Kingdom Hall.

My parents got married in a KH too.

BTS

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Sounds like my wedding! 1992 Kingdom Hall in Sandy Utah

alt

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Control control and even more control. Gives you warm fuzzies dont it? And now the ENTIRE congregation is invited??? and what if you dont want to FEED the entire congregation? what if you invited only certain ONES to the reception? now you have to deal with hurt feelings of those who werent invited to the reception?

That sucks.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Ok... lets walk down the aisle to THIS little ditty..

"FIRM and DETERMINED in this time of the enddddddddddd...."

• blondie
    blondie

I saw BOEs that controlled how the KH was decorated, how many people and who would be in the bridal party, inspected/reviewed the dresses of the bride and bridesmaids (can't have any cleavage).

Some jws were desperate to be approved for a KH wedding because the gossip mill would start wondering what they had done wrong not to be allowed to use the KH.

I started at an early age saying that if I married, I wanted an outside wedding, small with just a few people. Then I could pick my music and attendants, and dress. I got my wish.

Blondie

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Thank God I got married outdoors!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

All the same back in 1990 when I got married. They wouldn't allow outside music and I was told that this was because the people who wrote those songs (classical songs) were not followers of J, and we don't know what evil thoughts were in their heads when they wrote it. I had a hobby of music composition so I asked what about if -I- wrote a song. NOPE, not allowed! I guess they weren't convinced that I didn't have evil thoughts as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit