My Wife is mentally ill and does crazy things diary.

by Witness 007 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We have been married for 13 years and I think what if the situation was reversed and I had the breakdown? Would I want my wife to try and help me or just dump me and run? That would be easier, just to "abandon ship."..... "In sickness and health though???" I'm suprised with some peoples atitude you don't understand mental illness is the same as getting any other illness.

• yknot
    yknot
    We have been married for 13 years and I think what if the situation was reversed and I had the breakdown? Would I want my wife to try and help me or just dump me and run? That would be easier, just to "abandon ship."..... "In sickness and health though???" I'm suprised with some peoples atitude you don't understand mental illness is the same as getting any other illness.

Vent away...... it makes you a better caregiver during this period. We have all seen you go through a range of emotions dealing with this situation, just keep putting on foot forward come what may. Better to do your best and be satisfied in the end. Have yall tried attending another church so she can start a routine of fellowship. R-O-U-T-I-N-E...... one of the free miracle mood and brain stabilizing actions! Do yall make short and long term goals? If you don't maybe you should. This way she feels and sees achievement. Brush up on some Behavior Therapy books........ of course I am a bit biased since my parents used operant conditioning with me.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Witness, ............... What I found in dealing with my daughters bi-polar, manic-depression is that from deep inside me, the only way to make it through it was unconditional love, and a bit of humour at the things she did. Not taking what she did personally. And I think that is what you are saying that you do with your wife. ................... I understand the vent. I had to do it, added with some laughs at the situation, but ever vigilant in her treatment. And it is very exhausting for those around her. I have not gone to a support group for friends and family of bi-polars, but seriously thought about it. I may still do it, I just have a thing about meetings for some reason!!! .................. My best to you, purps

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

What purps said is so true!! You need to make time for yourself!! Support groups for families can help. Not only to vent, but they might offer some additional suggestions that you hadn't thought of.

Please, vent away here!! Most of us are just a PM away!!

shelley

• flipper
    flipper

WITNESS 007 - So sorry you are going through this. My 2nd marriage ( ended 5 years ago ) was to a lady who was bi-polar and addicted to the drug methamphetamine . So believe me - I know about mood swings . If you ever want to talk - feel free to PM me bro. Hang in there, Peace and love to you, Mr. Flipper

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yesterday Monday - She wants to go to the Cinema, so I agree to take her but she took 1 hour to get ready and the movie had already been on for about 25 minutes when I bought the tickets...the girl asks me: "You know the movie started?" I say: "yeah, my wife took 2 hours to get ready." And I roll my eyes. The girl laughs and I feel better. Saw "half" of the new Richard Gere romance....forgot the name, not very good. Today Tuesday I have a day off. She is talking non-sense about "lets go away on holidays with the dogs and not tell anyone where we are." I tell her I will ask for time off at work and we can go. "NO WE CAN'T TELL ANYONE WE ARE GOING." I tell her that she's talking wierd again. Today she is a little agressive and tells stories that sort of go no where....she doesn't let me tidy the incredibly messy kitchen "If I negelct it I don't want you fixing it all the time" Okay take away for dinner then...she wants to buy honey at the market so I'm ready to go...she is still getting ready I think we will be late again! "Sigh" She refuses to put the curtains back after washing them since she is making new ones from our bed spread....

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have a friend who has a family member that is bi-polar. Manic!! Last time he went out of town to clean up the mess from her house renovations it cost the family $80,000.00.

She started tearing out walls, tore the deck away from the house and I don't know what all else. started projects and never finished them!

purps

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I think what if the situation was reversed and I had the breakdown? Would I want my wife to try and help me or just dump me and run? That would be easier, just to "abandon ship."..... "In sickness and health though???" I'm suprised with some peoples atitude you don't understand mental illness is the same as getting any other illness.

I felt that way too, at first. But when a mentally ill person refuses to get help and continue a course of treatment, then there's not much you do but self destruct. Please be careful. I stayed until doctors and judges warned me that my jw husband was going to follow through with his murder/suicide threats. After almost 7 years of physical abuse and mental terror, I got away from him and out of the cult. Please don't put your safety in danger!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Man, that's crazy! She's a basket case.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Purplesofa - Sounds about right...she's dumped alot of good clothes in the charity bin....and found someones jumper on the street which is the same colour as mine so she washed it and wears it sometimes??? She was offered by her boss to come back to work but on her first day she didn't show until 5 hours later?? I think she needs a rest though, but she doesn't want to stay home. She claims she will leave me in a year and needs cash to get a home loan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit