My Wife is mentally ill and does crazy things diary.

by Witness 007 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gregor
    Gregor

(have not read all the preceding posts)

Sounds like classic bi-polar disorder. You have been posting for some time about her behaviour and I don't blame you for reacting a little erratically yourself. But I don't think I have ever heard whether or not she has received professional counseling by a qualified doctor. Just the behaviour you described in this thread should alert you to how dangerous she is to herself. (For obvious reasons, women are more vulnerable than men with this disorder) and she should be "intervened" by whatever authority you have down there. In this country a person exhibiting these symptions can be taken (by the police, who are more familiar with this than you realize) into a hospital for observation on a 72 hr hold. Ultimately, she will be prescribed meds. and the good news is, they work! I hope you get your wife some real help and I hope that you are not relying JWD as your only resource in this crises. Not good, my friend.

• moshe
    moshe

It will take 2 weeks in a Psych hospital to get your wife back to level mood condition. Sometimes people just become bipolar later in life. My second wife was bipolar and I recognize the symtoms. That marriage only lasted 9 months and I was worn out and drained from trying to save her from herself. Good luck mate.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sweetstuff and Bisiuos great advice I think you hit the nail on the head! Thanks. This is a new thing which has been going on for about 6 -8 months. I don't feel like quiting YET...but maybe one day I will if no progress is made and as I have said I fully undertsand people giving up after maybe years of suffering. My point is to try and help if possible as she is not able to work and really doesn't have anywhere to go. I get angry when people insist I FORCE her to go to hospital when that is against the law. She tells me she's getting help and she is not that bad that she can be taken by Police as I have spoken to them already. You guys have given the best viewpoint. I understand Snoozy being angry but you can't take it out on my and like you said, you probably don't realize what your dad went thru or tried to get her help...maybe he should have given up earlier.....you just cant live someone elses life situation.....when she gets worse or does something that justify's it I will call the Police/mental healthteam right away....

She seems happy today, spoke with her again today about seeking help for bi-polar but she said to leave it with her as she has her Doctor....briefly talked it over anyhow.

• zagor
    zagor

good on you mate, now real you is talking. Good luck! Hope it works out, if it doesnt at least you will never wonder "what if"

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

She went to work today as she is doing one day a week...that's good! However she invited some Sisters over to watch Mamma Mia, when I came home the house was a huge mess...there was crap everywhere so I got some sleep and set my alarm to do a clean before the visitors come and then rush off to work....just made it.....nice of the Sisters to come since we are inactive.

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

You said it brother!!! she sounds crazy as hell, I would run like HELL

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

real swift advice zions watchman.

I know how terribly difficult this situation is for you. Believe me I do. I have been through this myself when I was married to my first husband. I suffer from bi-polar illness. Nothing one can really do about it but having the right medications and right doctors when in a crisis is extremely importand and helpful. I know when I need to see my doctor he sees me immediately. So long as I take my medications I am okay. But there are times my medications have to readjusted because you can go into an manic stage or the opposite. Falling can be really bad. You need friends who understand. A mate who understands, and is there for you with the ups and downs is wonderful. My second husband Marco was my angel he was always attentive to my physical needs and mental and emotional needs, I miss him greatly and there are times when I just break down and cry because he isn't here with me anymore or I for him. I have a mental health nurse who comes to see me every Tuesday. I see a therapist who manages my medications, and I have a wonderful family doctor who has been my friend for 25 years now. So I have a lot of support.

I am richly blessed. I have been blessed with good friends, I attend a wonderful parish where everyone is so kind and supportive of me, they make sure I am okay and make sure that I am taking care of myself. I spent a lot of time at church so they know I am okay.

Even though with all this kind support and love I still go into the depths of depression and I can't understand why, and yet I know it is an imbalance of chemical hormones in the brain. I haven't really ever addressed this subject on JWD before, but because you dear wife is in a crisis I feel I had to say something to let you know that she will be better once they get her on the right dosages of medications. And gets some support. And yes getting out socially is advantages for sure. Maybe darts at a veterans hall or bingo, or card games at a community center. Libraries have activities also. Or perhaps when she is well again she could volunteer a little time at the hospital with patients maybe reading to the older seniors or work in the gift shop. The opportunities are endless. But first she must get the help she needs.

I have and I am never afraid to ask for help if I feel like I am going to crash. I know my limits and I know the road is a long and tough road but it will end and become a lot easier as time goes by. Trust me I know. Also remember please this, that "with God all things are possible", and when one door closes another one opens.

So my friend don't despair give it time she will indeed come around. You will need to be patient and caring and even if it drives you nuts, remember why you married her, and the vows you took together and the good times you have shared they will come back to you hundred fold.

Your Friend

Terry aka Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit