Defence of watchtower society Links

by reniaa 343 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Awake Masthead prior to 1995

"... the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away." (Awake!, page 4, up until October 22, 1995).

Did the Creator promise a peaceful new world b4 the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away? Or did the WT pull this 1914 date out of their butt and make a false prophecy/prediction in the name of God? Case closed.

Lol definitely Predictions are not a Wt forte they forget God has his own timetable that not even his son knows so.....

That is quite an understate,emt!

Are Jw's wrong because they got a few dates wrong?

Pls read Deuteronomy 18. The answer is indisputably yes.

I will answer the question after you answer these 3

Which religion has the date right? (if you can tell me this I will drop any ideas of following JW's quicker than greased lightning and join them!)

Irrelevant. We are not talking about other religions we are talking about this one in particular. The Wt stands or falls on its own merit NOT on the merit of others. If the WT is God's sole channel of communication it should stand out as a shining jewel among others...not be the same as others.

• reniaa
    reniaa

It's not an easy decision - when I first learnt the real truth about JW's, I refused to accept it because I was told that apostates would try and break my faith.

Eventually, I began to see that there arguments actually had substance to them.

And here I am now, having made my decision.

hi truthseeker you are nice thank you :)

And you are right that is exactly it for me althoug I would put it more it's not a REAL TRUTH but finding out they have feet of clay and then I stepped back and found all religions suffered from the same problem.

I had to go right back to the start and ask why did the christians go wrong in the first place why didn't the Holy spirit protect them from unevenly yoking themselves with the romans which eventually led them to adding scriptures in the bible to support unbiblical doctrines.

It took me then to realise that I follow Jehovah not the Jw's but since they are precisely the only religion that follows Jehovah then I am choosing them, I did check out some sites of ex-witnesses trying to be Jw's outside the org but like with many on this site they are confused and hurt.

It's helps that even after a thorough going over on this site I agree with most of JW doctrines, I'll be the witness that always says hello to DF's when I return. I agree with the preaching guys if anything the JW's are getting to lenient in this way lol Paul and peter lived for preaching it consumed their every waking moment I can't think of any person that feels that way about god now in any religion. We've got to comfortable choosing a religion is like choosing a TV or a Job we pick what suits us not god and what fits into our life and thoughts, we forget religion and God is about life and dying and survival and deeply yearning for more than what is on offer, could any of you say you would die for your faith as paul and peter did? if you were told drop your religion or die would you stand by your faith? lol it's a hard question and I'm not sure I could be that strong.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Which religion has the date right? (if you can tell me this I will drop any ideas of following JW's quicker than greased lightning and join them!)

answered above

If we can't do a date should we assume all the prophecy part of the bible concerning armegeddon should be ignored and never addressed? (as most christian faiths do now)

No, we should not ignore prophecy nor should we inisist that we, and only we are right as the WT does. Most Christian faths ignore/do not address Bible prophecy? Baseless assertion and simply untrue Reniaa.

Should we try and prepare people for armegeddon, if prolonged disappointment will lead to them leaving the faith if it doesn't happen soon enough for their liking.?

Reniaa

We should help them to prepare their hearts to Jesus. The waiting game won't result in the numerous disappointments such as those of Wt followers if the person is serving Christ with his words in mind at Acts ch1 that it is not for you to know the times or seasons that the father has fixed. The WT certainly ignores htose words of Jesus.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It took me then to realise that I follow Jehovah not the Jw's but since they are precisely the only religion that follows Jehovah then I am choosing them,

They are precisely the only religion that follows Jehovah AS DEFINED BY THE WT.

Acts makes clear so many times over who we are to be witnesses of. Jesus. Read the book of Acts start to finish. It is very Jesus-intensive.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

hi aka jeff

your wrong i don't think there error-less far from it but I think that the errors they have are typical of what is found in and human group and if the NT is to believed typically seen in there too

Precisely! But that is not at all what they teach.

What they teach is that should I belong to another of those groups who make mistakes similar to theirs, I will die for my association with the religous harlot of Revelation. No?

But, that should I belong to their organization, which they defend as making mistakes like everyone else, then I will be spared and watch the eyes plucked out of my good neighbor's eyes for not reading a watchtower and swallowing the obvious wrongs of the organization by joining. No?

They clearly put themselves on a higher platform, then bitch when someone expects higher conduct from the 'Organization that God has selected'. Any religion could [and many do] make similar claims. It would seem that something should stand out as superior among the only people on the earth with whom God is willing to share his Holy Spirit.

They are just another [relatively bland] religion. And a dangerous one with many of the faults they hide from adherants and those interested.

What we are talking about is 'Truth'. They don't have more of it than anyone else does. So what is the value of checking them out? Most of us have spent decades as Jw's. When we finally saw the little dog pull back the curtain that made the 'Great Oz' speak, we gained heart, grabbed onto courage, used our brains, and went home.

Jeff

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Reniaa, I would be interested to see your response to my comments about Jehovah's name, the cross, and the pagan symbolism of a sacred pole.

Or are you merely playing your usual game of replying to posts you feel you can answer and ignorign the rest?

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Predictions are not a Wt forte they forget God has his own timetable that not even his son knows so.....Are Jw's wrong because they got a few dates wrong?

Reniaa - Finally, you admit that the WTS got their dates wrong and are false prophets. Let's see, 1914 is wrong, being chosen in 1919 is wrong, 1925 was wrong, saying the Remnant was sealed in 1935 was wrong, 1975 was wrong, the end of the 6,000 years was wrong, 607 bce was wrong, the generation was wrong, the marking work was wrong,....

Your standards for truth are certainly low. By your own admission, the WTS is WRONG and a false prophet. To put it simply, they are liars.

StAnn

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa

Here is a simple question for you...How can the GB be the sole channel of truth God is using when absolutely nothing they have predicted has come true- when every single prediction has come completely false?

• booby
    booby

I find it strange that the accusation of one sidedness is even mentioned. In most cases you are talking about someone who has "learned" the truth over many years, come to believe in the doctrines or beliefs, in most cases willing to fight off the opposition and thier claims that are contrary to wt teaching and understanding. Then something happens in their lives that causes them to say, whoa what's happening here. Usually over a period of time because they do not want to beleive they have been decieved, they become aware of the numerous problems that can not be explained away. And finally they realize that they have allowed themselves to be duped and mislead, not usually an easy thing to accept, what with our feeling foolish for not doing more due diligence before accepting hook line and sinker. So now they learn so much more about "the truth" then they ever did while in "the truth" and yet the charge is levelled that what they now point out about the errors of "the truth" is one-sided. Just doesn't make any sense at all.

• redredrose
    redredrose

Renaii

As a lurker here, I'm sure you will give my response no credence, but then you give no credence to anyone on this board.

The reasons I left the Watchtower had nothing to do with NGO status or the handling of abuse cases, and I believe I have some very good company in this. I am tired of living in fear, fear of dying at Armageddon because I could never do enough, fear of the opinions of the elders and the others in the congregation (again: that I could never do enough). The constant changing of 'new light', of being told that Armageddon is just around the corner, the mental and moral gymnastics of grasping the constant changes to the Truth (how oxymoronic) and the lack of love from the 'most loving people on earth'.

I am 4th generation, I have seen the damage done to the faithful servants of Jehovah who gave up everything to do what the Faithful Slave told them to do before 1975 and who then scraped by and died in poverty. I have seen damage done to those faithful who tried to do everything they were instructed to do from the stage and ended up bloodied and broken (metaphorically speaking) and abandoned by these 'loving' people.

I am frankly amazed by your hypocrisy, you who claim that they are the ones who follow Jehovah. What happened to the commandment to 'quit mixing in the company' of those who among other things are apostate?

While you may have done 'research', you betray a woeful ignorance of the difference between what they preach and what they practice. Oh, wait, don't you do the same thing? Maybe you do belong in the 'Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit