Defence of watchtower society Links

by reniaa 343 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    but KH are happily free of idolatry

One of the reasons I voluntarily left the JWs is because I realized that the religion itself is idolatrous (from a Biblical point of view), as it puts more emphasis on "The Organization" than Jesus Christ.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    more proof against its admittance into the bible or else they would have used it.

Well, except that "crux" was a Latin word, and none of the original texts were written in Latin, so of course they would not include this Latin word.

It's really not that hard to do some research and learn things, Renaiaa.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

russel may have had a fewrough edges to smooth in his beliefs, but KH are happily free of idolatry now can you say the same for other churches?

More than a few...but the point is this...on what basis would Jesus have chosen them in 1919 to handle his earthly affairs since they were, by your own admission, rotted in paganism...among the many other flaws quite obvious. Please don;t say Prov 4:18...Jehovah corrected them. They first had to pass the 1918 inspection, which they obviously did not.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I'm not going to get sucked into this Reniaa thread... this is the only thing I am wasting my time posting about on this thread... Aren't there other websites for people that believe in JWs to go to? I only come here to bash JWs... Reniaa must be really masochistic! Loves to get bashed!

And she has gotten smacked down pretty hard on every topic she has brought up.

• caliber
    caliber
    Or are you merely playing your usual game of replying to posts you feel you can answer and ignoring the rest?

This quote is so true... yet you go into great detail to answer a few poster repeatedly.. are they favorites or have

they in some way got under your skin so that you feel obligated to answer these certain ones ? I know that because

so many people are firing questions it becomes an impossible job to go in every direction.. but why the pattern of

always responding to the same ones ? Or do you only answer those to whom there is some hidden admiration ?

Predictions are not a Wt forte they forget God has his own timetable that not even his son knows so.....Are Jw's wrong because they got a few dateswrong?
    Reniaa - Finally, you admit that the WTS got their dates wrong and are false prophets. Let's see, 1914 is wrong, being chosen in 1919 is wrong, 1925 was wrong, saying the Remnant was sealed in 1935 was wrong, 1975 was wrong, the end of the 6,000 years was wrong, 607 bce was wrong, the generation was wrong, the marking work was wrong

Over the past few weeks I have made at least 6 posts go totally unanswered .. Am I being too proud or self-centred to not expect a least

one response this time ? Anyway here is my question(in which I hope I am not speaking just to thin air )

From the above other posters quote ..don't burden yourself with all the dates they got wrong.. just name ONE date

that WT. got right ! A one word answer will be sufficient if you so choose ! (please don't allow little details like facts detour you )

Caliber

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

i await this answer. I know what I would have said (in my Wt frame of mind) but I will keep quiet and let Reniaa answer this.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Plenty of fallacious reasoning and propaganda at those links. Too light on fact for my liking.

• Gladring
    Gladring

Av - I found that resolution very interesting. I was trying to find the source and anyone with a WTLib CDRom (or 1963 bound volume) will find it on the Nov 15 1963 WT.

Particularly interesting was in point 5 the UN is described as " this international image of human political sovereignty" and " a man-made political creation". One of the points the apologists use in defence is that the UN is a government and not a political entity so it was ok to use the library just like any municipal facility.

Something else that came up when I searched in the forum was a thread about a UN resolution in 1968. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/13009/1.ashx

The requirements to be an associated ngo never really changed.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AAG/Lance..Thanks for pointing that out,I`ve learned something new..You are correct..Reniaa can spell defence/defense.....Reniaa sucks at being Truthful though..LOL!!...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

A question to all active JWs reading this thread;

The WTS ask you to become affiliated with the UN to get a library card, would you do it? Let's be clear, you don't have to tell your friends you've done it, you don't have to start 'supporting' the aims of the UN or anything like that. You just have to fill out a form, be listed on their database as a non-governmental associate of their Department of Public Information and you'll be given access to their wonderful libraries. Granted, you'll be connected to them, but it's just a tenuous link, nothing to worry about. And after all, it's just 'the beast', it's not like it's false religion.

Would you do it? Think carefully. Think about the JWs in Malawi who were raped, beaten, tortured, murdered, lost their children, lost their homes, had to flee to other countries with nothing but the clothes on their backs because they wouldn't affiliate themselves with the ruling government in their land, you know, 'the beast' who ruled their country.

Would you do it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit