Defence of watchtower society Links

by reniaa 343 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks for the information, and I will admit I have not taken time to read the links, but why would the Awake magazine in 1998 have an article on the UN that is a favorable opinion on it.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Like it was said most of the defence is only opinion, I look at "both sides" before I decided what to believe and realised it is not about belief but accepting what is true. It's not easy accepting that we were lied to and manipulated but if you don't want to accept the facts that's your choices. The WT has lied and covered up so many things, just take the bible for example they do not inform their members of all the details regarding the origins of the bible, they leave out the details that cast serious doubt on the god inspired belief. They also do not examine the verses that are absurd, disgusting and contradicting. When an org. like the WT leaves out certain information it's because they what to control your opinion. The WT has more to lose if their members do not accept their excuses, think about that.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Christianity - Jesus Christ

Orthodox (Eastern) - Michael Cerularius, 1054

Protestants, Lutherans - Martin Luther, 1517

Anabaptists - Zwingli, 1519

Church of England, Anglicanism - Henry VIII, 1534

Calvinism; Dutch Reformed - Calvin, 1536

Presbyterians - Knox, 1560

Puritans - Cartwright, 1570

Congregationalists - Brown, 1582

Baptists - John Smith, 1605

Episcopalians - Seabury, 1620

Quakers - Fox, 1654

Shakers - Ann Lee, 1741

Methodists - Wesley, 1744

Unitarians - Lindsay, 1774

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Joseph Smith, Jr. 1830

Churches of Christ, Christian Church - Campbell and Stone, 1832

Adventists - Miller, 1846

Jehovah's Witnesses - Russell, 1852

Salvation Army - Rev. General William Booth and Catherine Booth, 1865

Christian Science - Mary Baker Eddy, 1879

Unity School of Christianity - Fillmore, 1889

Pentecostals - Parham, 1900

Worldwide Church of God - Herbert W. Armstrong, 1934

Calvary Chapel - Chuck Smith, 1965

Islam - Muhammad

Sunnis - Abu

Shi'ites - Abdullah bin Saba'a

• reniaa
    reniaa

Renaia,

Many thanks for the links, my particular interest is congregational handling of 'abuse complaints'.

The one important thing missing in ALL of the items on this subject is:

What if the complaint is just a lie ?

IF the elders take the case to the police, who are NOT interested in the truth or the 'Truth',

you have a situation where if the police officer has a particular dislike for the JW's,

they will do ALL in their power to gain a conviction.

This is what happened in a notorious British case.

fokyc

I can see your point but wouldn't the conviction goto lawyers and still have to be proven beyond doubt but I'm english is the process different to america?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

1 Corinthians 1:10
    [ Divisions in the Church ] I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

LOL Context?

10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas [ a ] "; still another, "I follow Christ."

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into [ b ] the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

He is NOT saying all must agree in doctrine or for some sort of lockstep conformity Reniaa. He explains verse 10 in 11 and 12. He cautions against following any man. He is telling the Christians to not divide...to put aside, or not make the differences in doctrine an issue but to be one one mind in Christ. Not what the WT tries to make it mean.

• billie jean
    billie jean

Mrsjones5... Well said couldnt have put it better myself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Aren't we getting confused here who what is the destable thing? isn't Jw teaching that Religion/false religion is what we must not touch, and UN is one of the beasts and so just a superior authority? If my memory serves me correct the UN is, according to the WT, the scarlet colored beast.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa,

You have simply copied and pasted some apologists weblink where he defends the WT...as though we don;t know and haven't heard these before. Most here have been in the org or associated with it for at least a period of time so have heard these before. It is after learning the truth of the org that they realize these have no basis.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    at least you have heard both the defence as well as the attack as they are on the internet.

LMFAO!

What is wrong with you? Do you not realize that 95% of us at one time were, or still are, JWs? Do you really think we haven't heard the JW side of the story a thousand times over before? 3 times a week at meetings + personal study, that shit is permanently engrained. We WANT to forget it, but we can't. In conclusion:

GO AWAY.

Thanks
    A Concerned X-Dub

• reniaa
    reniaa
    I've never ever said this to anyone but you Reniaa make me sick to my stomach.

Thank you mrsjones for resorting to insults, I am not the WT I only defend it's doctrines but you are the type of person that truly scares me by reaching a point of condemning people for what they believe. I simpathise with many on here but I won't sugarcoat a thing with lies and if people come on a forum for debate they should have the strength to deal with this. That is why I have also said if a Jw comes on these type of forums and loses their faith they have made themselves vulnerable so I still reserve the right to be honest in my opinions and that is why You will find no personal insults coming from me, The nearest thing to it you will find is when I've condemned the actions of certain people that have deceptively taken positions of power without due thought to the consequences within the Jw's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit