Defence of watchtower society Links

by reniaa 343 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

true, I don;t think it mentioned her anywhere

Well, glad you got to see some of it at least. LOL That WT-ingrained fear won't allow you to read it huh? Very sad.

lol not fear but bordom there's nothing new on it, look at this cross bit

258 Watchtower November 15 1992 p. 7
    259 Curtis Rufus, Historia Alexandri 4.4.17; cf. also Plutarch, Alexander 7.2 on Alexander's crucifixion of
    his Persian physician).
    The Cross
    As is widely known, the Watchtower Society insists that Jesus did not die on a two-beamed
    cross but on a single-timbered ‘torture stake’. While most Christians would say, "It doesn't
    matter what he died on; it matters that he died for us", the Watchtower Society has made
    this into such a huge deal that it is worth investigating to see what history tells us about
    what sort of instrument was used when Jesus died.

This is opinioned based stuff basically saying we can change bible wording if there is a chance jesus died on a cross, and she goes into reems of proof of crosses being used but I keep to simple things like.... did the bible use the word cross? NO the word didn't even exist! Did it describe the shape? NO then there is no reason to be that specific if the bible felt no need to make a point of the shape and make-up of jesus's instrument of death we shouldn't either. Does it get simpler than that? NO and I've talked this from one end of a topic with laialeo to another so nothing new for me either.

isaac

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change
    your wrong i don't think there error-less far from it but I think that the errors they have are typical of what is found in and human group and if the NT is to believed typically seen in there too

Reniaa, having not read enough to know (and I don thave the time to go searching through past threads) where you stand, I'd be interested to see a summary/list of the 'error's you are referring to.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Renaii,

The WT always harps on about "those faithful in least are faithful in much" -

accepting a birthday cake - faithful in least or not?

saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes - faithful in least or not?

Joining the United Nations as an NGO in order to obtain a library card - faithful in least or not?

The answer is clear. It doesn't matter if they never intended to support the United Nations or not - they agreed to the principals of the wildbeast they were bashing in their magazines, while at the same time they were publishing articles in favor of the United Nations in the Awake magazine.

Faith in least or not?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mary first pointed out that the object he died on is irrelevant- he died. That is the key point. Then she answers the Wts dogmatic claim that He did not die on a cross.

The word 'stauros' in its simplest form means upright pole...can also mean other instruments of execution such as the cross. Certain Bible verses indicate that it was a cross..

John 20:25 So the other disciples kept telling him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he told them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands, put my finger into them, and put my hand into his side, I will never believe!"

Mat 27:37

And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

over his head. If on a straight pole his hands would have been over his head and the sign over his hands.

• iceguy
    iceguy

e-Watchman is df'ed and 3rdwitness was a follower of his. You can tell by 3rdw's long winded answers that tries to confuse rather than give a simple answer like Christ would have. Also the WTS does not like 3rdw's website and has been asked to take it down but he refuses to. All JW's are told not to have a website like 3rdw's and told to stay away from apostate sites, yet I see many JW's on various apostate sites and forums ignoring the council from the GB.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

NO and I've talked this from one end of a topic with laialeo to another so nothing new for me either.

Reniaa, I highly doubt you held an intelligent conversation with Laialeo on the cross. She is too scholarly and sharp for your pasted apologist quotes.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Renaii

Defend the following:

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

Awake Masthead prior to 1995

"...the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away." (Awake!, page 4, up until October 22, 1995).

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things . Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

A person who was 15 at the time of this article will now be trying to figure out if he or she can retire.......another way the WTS has destroyed the lives of its followers.....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I think we need to cut Renaii a little slack too. This board says "everyone welcome!" and whether we like it or not, Renaii is a part of this community.

It's actually refreshing to debate with her as most WT defenders are trolls who post one line comments and then refuse to follow her.

I think we need to look at her from an unbiased point of view, which can be difficult.

Renaii is facing the Biblical Mount Carmel test...

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=762

Elijah’s Demand For a Decision

And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you hesitate between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people did not answer him a word. (1 Kgs. 18:21)

It's not an easy decision - when I first learnt the real truth about JW's, I refused to accept it because I was told that apostates would try and break my faith.

Eventually, I began to see that there arguments actually had substance to them.

And here I am now, having made my decision.

• VM44
    VM44

As 607 BCE was mentioned at the beginning of this thread I would like to say the following.

The Egibi family lived in Babylon during the reigns of ALL the Neo-Babylonian kings (for example, Nebuchadnezzar) and were still there when Babylon was conquered.

Their banking records were stored in jars and many of them had dates written upon them. Dating back then was done by writing down the name of the king along with the amount of time into his reign.

Records exist for ALL of the known Babylonian kings. No records have been found for any unknown kings and, in particular, no records have been found to indicate there was a "missing" 20 year gap that would have to be there if The Watch Tower's chronology were to be accurate.

One might ask if these Egibi banking business tablets is a new discovery that The Watchtower hasn't gotten around to discussing in its publications. However, these tablets have been known since the later part of the 19th Century! The book "Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon" published in 1884 mentions them. The book stating that: "Only a few years ago the discovery of the Egibi tablets revealed the great loan and banking system that was carried on in Babylon."

The Egibi tablets being well-known for over a 125 years, and The Watchtower has never bothered to mention them in ALL its writings over that same time? One has to ask the question "Why the silence?"

Could it be that the answer that question is The Watchtower's tendency to NOT mention any evidence that goes against or even disproves what it teaches?

The Watchtower is just plain wrong on the 607 BCE date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit