Defence of watchtower society Links

by reniaa 343 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

WT is absolutely wrong but can not admit it. They need it for their 1914 calulation. 586/7 is confirmed by the bible itself, by archaelogy as well. A simple use of 539 BC and counting back from the length each babylonian king reigned will bring you to the 586/7 time as well.

NGO

WT using its position to further its work in other countries- most importantly to gain tax-exempt status.

child abuse

Happens in all religions. Cover-ups happen as well. The WT should not have pointed its finger at the Catholic church when they were just as guilty. One specific GB member was guilty of molestation and was simply put on the infirmed pioneer list and transplanted into another cong...after being relieved of his dutyies on the GB.

God's name

No one know the exact pronumciation. Jehovah- transliteration, probbaly a mistransliteration. Tetragrammeton beongs in the OT- not the NT. About 5,000 manuscripts confirm it was never there.

That's all the time I need to devote to any of these....unless a specific point is brought up.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

actually...the more I think about Reniaas comment on the thread regarding OOTB voting:

you sent me Mary's book by message despite my telling you I had no interest in Mary's book after finding her particularily biased in pasts threads of mine that she has remarked on, showing a tendency to paint me with the same brush as wt despite knowing nothing about me simply because I defend the JW's because of your unsolicited information you inspired me to put a watchtower defence thread showing the opposite side to many of the points Mary raises.

Does this mean you did read mary's book Reniaa? Otherwise how would you know the opposite side to Mary's points? Mary took much time to put this together and do her research...you took a few mins to copy paste links. But your statement that I inpsired you to do this is BS. Just about every thread you have started here has been to defend the indefensible WT.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's all about Reniaa. It's about making herself feel good. It's not about us or helping any lurkers see the so-called truth about the watchtower. Renaai is a persecution junkie and she gets her fix coming here - it's that simple.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I agree MrsJones5

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    Jehovah- transliteration, probbaly a mistransliteration

Tetragrammaton - YHWH.

The Roman latin alphabet uses J as a variant of I or Y, and has no W or U (using V instead for both).

Therefore when early Christian scribes wrote down YHWH in their alphabet, they ended up with JHVH.

Since the divine name was unpronounceable, they would insert the letters for "elohim" (God) above or below the JHVH to remind readers that the tetragrammaton was not to be spoken.

Take the vowels from elohim and put them in JHVH. Jehovih / Jehovah.

Who knew a series of ancient scribal errors would be the litmus test for whether or not a person is going to survive Armageddon 2000 years later?

• mouthy
    mouthy

and I will admit I have not taken time to read the links.....But I did read Carla's answer on Timothy's letter it fits Jehovahs Witnesses to a" T"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

true, I don;t think it mentioned her anywhere

Well, glad you got to see some of it at least. LOL That WT-ingrained fear won't allow you to read it huh? Very sad.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Brilliant stuff. Thanks reniaa.

Can you do one for Scientology, too?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Reniaa,

If you are serious about your assertions to be "reinstated" into that hell known as the WTS, you should stop hanging out with us "apostates". That alone will keep you from being reinstated.

Someone who is tech savvy should figure out who Reniaa is and forward all of her posts to her local BOE. If she's a troll, as I believe her to be, they will shut her up.

Reniaa, go away.

MrsJones is my hero.

StAnn

• billie jean
    billie jean

My point exactly...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit