MY PROJECT IS (FINALLY) FINISHED!

by Mary 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Mary,

I hope you're up, running and dancing real soon!

All the best,

Frank

• Koiné
    Koiné

Hallo Mary, Altough I never posted on the forum,I am a regular visitor and reading all of it. My congratulations for your hard work. If you would not mind is it please pôssible to mail me your findings. Best greetings from Belgium. Tonny

• delilah
    delilah

Mary.....THANKS so much for all your hard work....you've really outdone yourself on this project my dear. I can't wait to see the look on my mother's face when I discuss the info in this booklet with her !!! I'm not going to give it to her...there's too much blood sweat and tears went into it, just to have her chuck it in the trashbin!!!

I hope you're feeling better tonight hon....((((((((((((((( Mary)))))))))))))

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Got your document, Mary. Thank you! I've only been able to read a few pages so far, but the effort and time you've clearly expended on putting this together - wow.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sorry to see you are feeling so crummy. I am sure getting these copies out to people can wait until you are much better! hugs, Annie

• amazonian
    amazonian

I would very much like the information you have gathered. I have many family members still in the "truth". When I try to reach them by reasoning with the Bible, they are already thinking about the scriptures they are told to use during the Theocratic Ministry school meeting. I used to be the same way. I was raised by my mother and grandmother in this religion but was fortunate enough to have a father that does not practice any certain religion. So I had a little bit more freedom than all of the other young people did in our congregation. Later in life, I decided to go back to the Kingdom Hall and I studied for four years with them. Every time I went to be baptized, I became really sick and knew that something was not o.k. So I finally had a confrontation with three elders who could not disfellowship me but had to do something because I was able to see that things were not adding up and I wanted answers. They decided that I should not be able to go into the house to house work due to my having apostate literature in my home. The literature they were referring to was the books about additional books of the Bible that are not included in the Bible cannon. I firmly agreed with them and told them that I could not understand a lot of what they preach. They had talked my 15 year old son into baptism and almost was able to turn him against me. I just kept being patient and finally was able to let him see what was going on. He still has a relationship with God but does not involve himself with the Witnesses. I am so thankful that he is free also. I still have a brother and sisters and a mom that try to talk to me and I want to be able to say the right things at the right time to help them to see that things are not adding up. The real big thing for me was when they had the announcement about changing to the one meeting during the week instead of the two meetings and one on Sunday. The elders had really come down hard on my son about missing meetings for work and wanted him to quit his job at 16 years old. He was missing Tuesday night meeting and they took away his KH privileges (microphones). Now they are taking away that meeting due to high gas prices. What happened to the scripture that they always use in Hebrews about gathering together all the more so as we behold the day drawing near? So my family really had nothing to say other than the faithful and discreet slave knows what they are doing. I want as much ammunition as I can come up with and will never stop until they know the other side. I am so appreciative of your efforts to help everybody by working on this project for six months and then offering everything to everyone free of charge. Please send it all to me. Thanks so much for all of your christian love. [email protected] (Donna)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome Amazonian! Glad you finally posted, you have a wonderful story. So glad your son can think for himself! Love, Baba.

• Mary
    Mary
    So I finally had a confrontation with three elders who could not disfellowship me but had to do something because I was able to see that things were not adding up and I wanted answers. They decided that I should not be able to go into the house to house work due to my having apostate literature in my home. The literature they were referring to was the books about additional books of the Bible that are not included in the Bible cannon.

Good god.......Since when were these books considered "apostate" just because they weren't included in the Biblical Canon? I will assume they're referring to writings by the " Apostolic Fathers", including Justin Martyr and Irenaeus (as well as others). I touch on this under the section on "The Cross" and showed how the Watchtower has used Justin Martyr and Irenaeus in quotations when it suits their purpose......I don't think that officially, the Borg views their writings as "apostate"----it's entirely possible that its just the uneducated neanderthals in your area who view anything written outside of Columbia Heights as being "apostate".

I still have a brother and sisters and a mom that try to talk to me and I want to be able to say the right things at the right time to help them to see that things are not adding up.

Then I think my project will help you out, as much of it is devoted to their own quotations, which the average Witness is probably not even aware of.

The elders had really come down hard on my son about missing meetings for work and wanted him to quit his job at 16 years old. He was missing Tuesday night meeting and they took away his KH privileges (microphones).

Yes....this is the typical knee-jerk reaction they have to "missing meetings"-----I hope your son STICKS WITH HIS JOB. Don't let these goons try to tell either you or your son how to live.....They love to have 'control' over everyone and hate it when you don't respond in the fashion they think you should. If your son doesn't give up his job, the next step will be not giving him talks on the Ministry School. And what a tragedy that would be!

So my family really had nothing to say other than the faithful and discreet slave knows what they are doing.

Yes, well.....I devoted an entire section to the "Faithful and Discreet Slave". When you read that, along with the section I did on "New Light" and "False Prophesy", it's fairly obvious that the F&DS don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

All the best,

Mary

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Mary for sending me them I have sent to Gerrylyn in Listowel, & Kim in Florida. GREAT WORK!!!!! How are you feeling?

• Mary
    Mary
    Thanks Mary for sending me them I have sent to Gerrylyn in Listowel, & Kim in Florida. GREAT WORK!!!!! How are you feeling?

I'm better now, thanks for asking.......I think maybe it was a 24 hour flu bug or something...... A couple of things I'd like to mention about my project though, is this: In the section on "Smoking", I've included the information showing that the WTS accepted monies that had been invested in Phillip Morris stock. In the hard copies, I highlighted the "HM Riley Trust", the "Watchtower" and on the third scanned page that lists the stocks, you can see near the bottom, "Phillip Morris" along with the shares. I strongly recommend you highlight these so that it's easy for any Witness to spot. The other area I've highlighted in the hard copies, is on page 118 (I believe). It's the section on Preaching and the scan is from the old purple bible that shows the Greek translation as "in their homes" in one scripture in the NWT, and the exact same Greek translation as "house to house" in another scripture. It just makes it alot easier to spot if it's already highlighted. I've had a few people ask me if I did anything on the UN Scandal. The answer is: No I did not. I was going to, but I wanted to get the project finished before JWD closed, so I didn't include it although I may add it somewhere down the line. I've had over 200 requests for my project.....Which makes it all worth while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit