Any "Born Again" Christians here?

by sacolton 108 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

TopHat: What is the old saying? Never discuss religion with your friends? I can't remember the rest. I think it goes, "Never discuss religion with your friends, or you'll soon be talking to an enemy." If that isn't how it goes, maybe it should. That said, I am born of Spirit and am an adopted child of God.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Born JW, Born-Again Catholic March 2008

Ruth

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Raised JW, "in the truth" for 36 years, discovered Christ September 2008, born-again October 13th 2008.

• wildfell
    wildfell

I believe Jesus is my saviour and mediator. I was raised in the Orthodox faith and have always had a deep love for Jesus since childhood. I never felt that defining moment that others here have experienced though. Although having said that, I did used to feel very strongly as a child that Jesus loved me.

• Aculama
    Aculama

The prescription for a born again experience is in the book of Acts ( ch. 2 verse 38 ). If you believe what Peter preached and obey the scripture then you can claim the promise that comes with it. Acts 2:38 is also the fullfillment of Matthew 28:19. This answers the question of the trinity as well. Jesus said "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the NAME ( not names, plural ) of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:". Three persons is three personalities. God is not three different persons, He is one person manifested in three ways. When Peter called Jesus "my Lord and my God" , Jesus gave him the keys to the kingdom. That key is the revelation of Acts 2:38. Since the counsel of Nicaea held in 325 A.D. the catholic church and all it's offshoots have baptizesd in the TITLES of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Nowhere in the scripture was anyone baptized in this way and it was not the way the early church did it. Paul even re-baptized people who were not baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Feelings are different for everyone, but if you ignor feelings and trust in God's word you will stand. Feelings change but God's Word does not.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Touche !!!!!!!!!!

Orangefatcat

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

XJW4EVR

In my world the fools are you dingbats who gave us George Bush and war and kaos and job loss for the last 8 years.

And the cross and preaching of it is foolish to any of you who have not done a google search on the cross and jesus as a savior.

Why not make Hercules or Krishna your savior?

There were and never have been any eye witness recordings of Jesus or any of the works he did.

The bible is a book of Jewish mythology.

Why do not the historians of the day record about all of the dead people that were resurrected and came out of the grave when Jesus was resurrected?

Because it didnt happen.

Jeus and religion is a way to keep you all in a Zombie like trance and in the Matrix.

So the puppet masters can manipulate dolts like George W. Bush to manipulate and plunder your energy.

If been there done that bought the t shirt.

I escaped the tower in 83 jumped out of the frying pan into the fire of being a born again for a good 10 years and babled in a few tounges but all the while I researched red and took notes and prayed. I've been saved 100 times it doesnt take a. either because its bullshxt.

Or b. because I am destined to be what I am.

If we are predistined there is no need for further argument.

If its Bullshxt. That arguments been going on for 2008 years.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

To all the born agains,

Do you not feel that labelling yourself as a Christian, is being judgmental to other religions, or other pathways to God that the rest of the world follow?

Paul

• abbagail
    abbagail

Respectfully, No. It's not disrespectful to anybody else in the world for us to be called "CHRIST-ian" since we follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

Or maybe I'm not quite understanding the point of your question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit