Any "Born Again" Christians here?

by sacolton 108 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Jaguarbass...I want to thank you for once again proving the Bible true.

Romans 1:22

1 Cor. 1:18.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Not me.

It's just another trap, but that is MY opinion.

Warlock

• yknot
    yknot

Well I think that depends on which Jesus one believes in. The Watchtower's "Jesus" is one that is AKA Michael the archangel, and the Bible doesn't teach that Jesus and Michael are the same person. I think the Watchtower's relegation of Jesus to a created being is horrible lie. Are there KH's who teach that Jesus is mediator for all? But do they also teach that Jesus is a lesser person than the Father?

I still think that being born again or born from above is a spiritual rebirth that a person experiences and I believe that one must realize who the real Jesus is.

Cynthia

I happened to start of in a 'different' kind of KH, yet all the Elders and most of the congregation were former Bethelites & Gileads. All of us children were expected to serve the WTS for a term or two, some even full theocratic careers. Being this and the very good shepherding I received I took their interpretations as 'truth' over lesser KHs whom none of their adult members served beyond the local territory and because they never even proposed their youth to serve Bethel...... Of course in the 80' my starter KH was redistricted and me moved to the 'lesser' KH.

I never fully got/believe the Michael thing (nor was taught it until late 1981 at the lesser KH) ......seemed to me it was going beyond scripture and irrelevent to our human existance since it was Jesus sent as the Christ we were to follow. I just thought of Jesus as the Word, Son of God, promised Messiah, redeemer and King to anyone who put faith in, professed, believed and followed.

Jesus was taught to be the Son of God, the Word and our King etc.......but yes we were very much Arian in belief of Christ being 'begat' of Jehovah.

Is a person required to be a trinitarian in order to be 'born again' or saved as a 'born-again'?

• TopHat
    TopHat

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I always liked this scripture.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Born again - 10 years ago today!

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom
    Ynot said:

Is a person required to be a trinitarian in order to be 'born again' or saved as a 'born-again'?

My opinion is no, you don't have to be a trinitarian to become born again. I didn't believe in the trinity at the time I had my spiritual rebirth, in fact, it took me about 3 years before I actually believed the trinity doctrine.

Cynthia

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

My opinion is no, you don't have to be a trinitarian to become born again. I didn't believe in the trinity at the time I had my spiritual rebirth, in fact, it took me about 3 years before I actually believed the trinity doctrine.

Cynthia

I would tend to agree on the Trinity. However, Romans 10:9-10 says, "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Therefore, Paul is stating that one MUST believe that Jesus is YWWH and that He rode from the dead. Hebrews 11:6 says, "Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who diligently search for him." Now we have a third requirement, that is belief that God exists. This is Christianity reduced to its irreduceable minimum.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Does becoming a born again christian automatically mean a person now believes the gift of tongues given at Pentecost are just the languages of angels and not the local jews speaking in different earthly languages?(Acts ch2)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Not in my humble opinion!! I have heard it said that those who have spoken in tongues and those who knew that language reported that they were in fact using profanity. Has anyone else ever heard this? Orangefatcat

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I point out my post is not being cynical ,I just would like to know as while I was a JW the Born agains I met at the homes all seemed to believe in tongues just being a gift in angelic language. Has this changed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit