Things That Irritated You When You Were A JW

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The bread truck..That always dropped a loaf of bread right in front of poor JW`s,going to an assembly..That frigg`n bread truck was every where!!..LOL!!.....Angels that stopped serial killers from murdering JW`s when they knocked on the killers door.....People who got run over by a truck because they were`nt at the Kingdom Hall.....Demons that hide in Garage Sale items...............Laughing MutleyOUTLAW

• jam
    jam

longhair gal you are so right..I serve in central america and there was a local brother that travel by boat to the meetings. His story was told by those who serve where the need is great. But they left out , the brother would make these trips two are three times a week to buy things in town.His children loved it because it gave them a opportunity to visit other people and enjoy the city..It was know big deal for locals to travel this way..There was a kingdom hall we would visit in the bush..The worst hall I had ever visit, rats,mosquito,bats and all kind of bugs.. The story back in the states, the poor Brothers in central america meets in a hall with all these creatures and never miss a meeting. Too keep the creatures out all was needed was screens for the windows, and the kingdom hall wasn,t in the bush , a small town but it wasn,t the bush...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was irritated as a youth that my mother who's only great accomplishment in life was to stumble on the truth of all truths that the world was going to end in 1975 and the only way for me to see my 23 birthday was to go to 5 meetings a week at the kingdumb hall and associate with people that I would never deal with under other circumstances.

I had been hearing about the end of the world all my life. So at least they set a date where they could prove themselves full of shxt and allow me to unlock the keys of bondage to the cheap book/tract publishing company.

It still took me 8 more years until I was 31 to completely wiggle out of their grasp.

All I can say in my defense of being slow and gullible was there was no interntet.

There were no mega bookstores in the malls. Back in the 70's you were lucky to find a book or 2 on cults and I didnt even realize I was raised in a cult.

The first book I found that verified my feelings was 30 years a watchtower slave. By William Schnell. He escaped the tower about the time I was born in 1952.

And to buy and read any of that had to be done in secret with a wife in the borg and family members.

I remember Schell being refered to as a nasty apostate.

• jennybear
    jennybear

I hated that anytime you talked to a single brother in the hall, you were automatically dating. wtf i was only 17! They tell you to only associate with members of the congregation, so what do you do when your in a small congregation and the only people your age are guys. Yes we did end up dating and fooling around but come on i was 17.

i also hated how everytime the circuit overseer would visit all the sisters (the borderline ones mostly highschool girls) would put on their most conservative clothes and act like little angels at the meetings. Gee a week ago you should have been councelled that your shirt was too short and your shirt way too low cut. fucking hyocrites.

• minimus
    minimus

It didn't happen often, and I blame the Society and their instructions, but certain elders would delve tooooo heavily into questions involving sexual sin. With most, technically, they were asking what "Mother" says to ask but "Mother" doesn't always know best.

• White Dove
    White Dove

1. Waking up early on a weekend for service and meetings.

2. Getting to bed at 11pm on a school night.

3. Wearing dresses, especially in the winter.

4. Nylons in the summer.

5. Studying about prophesy and any kind of math figure to prove it.

6. Going to meetings 3x's a week.

7. Brain going on battery charge during meetings.

8. Slooooowwwwwllllllyyyyy counting down the WT p a r a g r a p h s.

9. Numb butt for 2 hours.

10. Child hating and beating.

11. Woman hating and beating.

12. God-like elders who act like your husband or father towards you--patronizing!

13. Sitting in a room with no windows on a beautiful sunshiny day after saying good bye to your neighbors that morning before you head to the meeting and they head to the beach.

14. Tattle tale kids at school ready to turn you in for not acting like a JW at school.

15. Counting how many days there are between meetings that are meeting free.

16. The goody goody JW at the hall who at school will eat the birthday cupcake while you are excused to the library during the party.

17. Marry only a JW.

18. I give up. I'm tired of listing all the annoying things that go on at a khall. Oh, and having elders pick apart your kids clothing to them right in front of you! Just because I'm a mother and there is no father around doesn't give them the right to do such a humiliating thing! My kids were mortified!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Love Dubs, you covered it all for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit