Things That Irritated You When You Were A JW

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Blind faith conformity........(still does, it is my Hayden underdog issue)

• Purza
    Purza

Long prayers at the district conventions that went on for 5 minutes EVEN THOUGH the program ran over.

Purza

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh yes forgot that - ridiculously long prayers at District Conventions by brothers who were trying to impress but doing the exact opposite

• restrangled
    restrangled

Prayers that turned into talks by special speakers at the KH.

Watchtower readers on Sunday that couldn't read.

Sitting and waiting for an hour after meetings for my father to get through with "elders meetings".

Having to waste time on Sundays so my father could get in his minimal time.

Tuesday and Thursday night meetings period...total waste of time.

The dreaded 5 minute talk for women...hoping your assigned partner would practice/cooperate/follow your lead. You hope she dressed correctly, showed up on time, ........................you know!

The dreaded 3 minute critique in front of everyone.... you know, not on time, not enough gestures, the theme wasn't blah blah blah.....all by some window washer that just got off the job with barely a high school education. In the meantime you stressed and rewrote this silly talk all week long....the stress was incredible!

Making sure I had an answer during Sunday Watchtower studies, that got called upon to please and uphold the family rep~!....otherwise.. HELL to pay for the rest of the week!

I'VE GOT MORE.....YOU WANT?

R.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm lovin' this thread!

LONG prayers were the worst. Especially when a GB member went on and on!!! Worse than that was the concluding prayer that RECAPPED the ENTIRE CONVENTION!!!!

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

The "sister sicklys" that you got in every congrigation, always moaning on about their latest alliment, you know the type

"oh i' nearly missed tonights meeting because i've been sat with my butt in a bowl of disinfectant to try to get rid of this boil on my butt, its really painfull to sit down here for two hours but these things are sent by satan to try us"

or

"no ive not been to the meetings recently because i thought I had bird flu"

• minimus
    minimus

Those that diagnosed themselves with undiagnosable diseases!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Worse than that was the concluding prayer that RECAPPED the ENTIRE CONVENTION!!!! AMEN to that minimus - no pun intended!

• minimus
    minimus

I was irritated by--------very old maidens that complained about everything done or not done in the Hall. There were a few that you could NEVER please!

• gymbob
    gymbob

I hated all the stupid rules....

North Carolina, 1979. My pioneer partner and I decide we want to grow mustaches. So we show up at the Thursday night meeting with our little fuzzy top lips, and we get invited to the "back room" after the meeting by 2 elders who say we need to shave it off.

Now the real kicker to this is, we have a MS, another elder, and a C.O. that all have mustaches!

My pioneer partner shaved his off, I didn't. Gymbob the Rebel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit