Things That Irritated You When You Were A JW

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

That retarded BS overseer who instisted on making us look up scriptures in the paragraph, that were word for word quoted in the paragraph!

First he read the scripture word for word from the paragraph, and asks us"uhh, so what does this scripture help us to appriciate..?"

THEN he made us look up the same text in the Bible, read the exact same words and asks the SAME dumb question again "uhh, so what does this scripture help us to appriciate..?"

Every week, every paragraph, the same thing!! It drove me nuts. And every week it took about 5 minutes for someone to comment. Usually the same person commented and said the same thing twice!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

People who sit there and nod during the whole meeting. Knowing that people can stab you in the back and you just have to take it or "you" don't have the right attitude, "you" are not forgiving,"you" are not Christlike. That the elders can gossip about you behind your back and never bother to get their facts straight. Saying they believe in "education", but getting a major hassle if anyone in your home goes to college Cliques. Shunning. Going to bed every night thinking I don't measure up. Having to tell your neighbors that, yes all the big questions in life are answered in this 192 page book. And all the other ones mentioned above.

• chickpea
    chickpea

as a parent with kids>>>> people showing up SICK
    and coughing and sneezing thru 2 hours of meetings!!

hosting the BS and having an asthmatic kid, asking people
    to NOT wear perfume, colonge or hairspray into our HOME
    and still have dipwads show up reeking !! grrrrrr!

having "sisters" call the house and leave
    messages of concern about the conduct
    of my older kids on the answering machine
    WHICH THE KIDS COULD HEAR!!....
    just made the hell of life with adolescents
    all the more hellish! busybodies!!

pushy elders pressuring teenaged kids to drink the kool-aid

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

aren't long prayers, even preying out loud a phariseeical thing?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Talks based on the great faith the brothers have in South America, Africa and other third world countries. IE: Our brothers in ___________ love Jehovah so much they walk 10 Kilometers to get to a meeting and they sit in Kingdom halls with no light and leaky roofs and they walk 20 miles to get to assemblies and they do all this with a smile because they have so much faith....

Gag me with a spoon

LD

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

how can mousetaches be bad in some congos if jesus had a beard? btw, was in an adventist hopspital once and this mural had a clean-shaven jesus! or adam was.

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

what irritated me were cocky elders that thought they could run my life for me. and the dubs obsession on works over faith. (provenat my jc when i said i had faith and they go 'FAITH!?' like it was an unbiblical, "worldly" thing. :pukes:)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the elders wife that looked down her nose with a snear at you

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Oh and how about the experiences they gave at conventions. How we were protected by angels out in the field service. What a crock of vulture do do. I remember when four witnesses were out in service in a bad part of Mexico and they disappeared, only to be found later dead and tortured. So where were the angels then, huh? And shake your kids to wake up during the bone-numbing night time meetings. Heaven forbid they fall asleep like the little children they are. I really bugged the sister studying with me and my husband. My daughter was only 3 and there was no way that little girl could ever stay up past 8:00. She is still the same way today, ha. Well I made all her clothes. So I started making matching pillows, and blankets so she would be comfortable and warm in the Kingdumb Hall when she fell asleep. You would have thought I had committed the unforgivable sin...grieving the Holy Spirit...whatever the mysterious thing was anyway. I really got a good counseling for that. What a bad, bad Mommy I was. I think I just liked to rattle their cages to show them I was not going to turn into some Watchtower robot. Oh, and another thing that always irritated me. Why in the name of all that is holy do we think we have to slap on an American suit on people that attend meetings in the jungles of Africa or put them on Indian or South American or Asian people. Where in the Bible does it say we must wear a uniform to be acceptable to God...Grrrrrrr don't get me started. I have a list that must go on for pages. All the crap is starting to bubble up to the top of the septic tank!

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Oh and how about the experiences they gave at conventions. How we were protected by angels out in the field service. What a crock of vulture do do. I remember when four witnesses were out in service in a bad part of Mexico and they disappeared, only to be found later dead and tortured. So where were the angels then, huh?

And shake your kids to wake up during the bone-numbing night time meetings. Heaven forbid they fall asleep like the little children they are. I really bugged the sister studying with me and my husband. My daughter was only 3 and there was no way that little girl could ever stay up past 8:00. She is still the same way today, ha.

Well I made all her clothes. So I started making matching pillows, and blankets so she would be comfortable and warm in the Kingdumb Hall when she fell asleep. You would have thought I had committed the unforgivable sin...grieving the Holy Spirit...whatever the mysterious thing was anyway. I really got a good counseling for that. What a bad, bad Mommy I was.

I think I just liked to rattle their cages to show them I was not going to turn into some Watchtower robot.

Oh, and another thing that always irritated me. Why in the name of all that is holy do we think we have to slap on an American suit on people that attend meetings in the jungles of Africa or put them on Indian or South American or Asian people. Where in the Bible does it say we must wear a uniform to be acceptable to God...Grrrrrrr don't get me started. I have a list that must go on for pages. All the crap is starting to bubble up to the top of the septic tank!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit