Is it the JW's or the God of the bible you no longer believe?

by reniaa 407 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi dacheech i got side-tracked by christmas :S lol it's tto easy for discussions to go of topic but back to your point

what does high divorce rates have to do with sex?

dacheech

It's the reasons for divorce and why people get divorced, unfaithfulness is still the top cited reason for divorces today in stats, thats were sex comes into it :)

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think the "sex" problem you refer to, Reniaa, is more often a symptom then it is the root of a marital breakup.

If there are deeper relationship problems, then the sex relationship between the married people will suffer. Sex is often a barometer of how the overall relationship is going.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..As usual..You ignore a direct request,to answer my post to you..Why?..Don`t you like what the Bible has to say about the Celebration of the Birth of Jesus..It does`nt go along with what the Watchtower has to say,does it?..The Watchtower contradicts what the Bible says,it`s there for you to read..The WBT$ is in direct opposition to what the Bible says......You chose to support an Organization that opposes the bible..Pointing and Laughing................I would still like an answer to my post,to you.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary

Amen Outlaw. Reniaa, I notice you have not made any logical response to the subject of Christmas that YOU brought up. Do you have a defense for this or not? Since you are obviously backing the WTS on this, you should be able to 'give a witness' by showing from the scriptures, that celebrating Christmas is wrong. Can you do this or no?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

reniaa,

I am sorry but you sound just like a true JW. You keep spouting your own opinions as if they are fact. If you do even a little research online as to divorce statistics, you will find that although adultery is a reason many divorce, the number 1 reason is MONEY. Thats right financial stress.

I think many posters here, including myself raised some good Q's about your "facts" about christmas and are still awaiting an answer. Where exactly does the bible condem Christmas or any other celebration? For many it is clear that the observance of days, moons, festivals etc. are clearly a conscience matter for the individual himself to decide.

By the way, what was done on Saturnalia that would be considered evil? You said the same things were done on Saturnalia that are done on Christmas today. Please give examples backed by fact. Thank you, Lilly

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

what does high divorce rates have to do with sex?

dacheech
    It's the reasons for divorce and why people get divorced, unfaithfulness is still the top cited reason for divorces today in stats, thats were sex comes into it :)

Prove it. Show me something that I can look at that says sex is the main reason for the divorce. And no your just stating what you think is fact is not proof.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Show me something that I can look at that says sex is the main reason for the divorce.

I'm sure there are many watchtower and awake articles that say this.

oops, sorry. You're probably looking for a credible source of information.

My bad.

W

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mr.Majestic,

I agree with your post. I think it is both. I also did not leave to pursue an 'immoral life' as people in the religion are so fond of saying. I consider this erroneous statement in the same league as the fallacy about how if people go to college and want a career they are 'pursuing materialism'.

Lovelili,

I also noticed there were too many depressed people and I also heard of a few suicides as well. I found this odd since I too did not know of any before I joined the religion. I don't believe in coincidences. There must be a connection.

LHG

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

oops, sorry. You're probably looking for a credible source of information.

LOL, I sure am honey. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm sure there are many watchtower and awake articles that say this. oops, sorry. You're probably looking for a credible source of information. My bad.

altalt BTW, FF......Those Easter eggs from Zellers are sh*t compared to Laura Secord Easter Eggs!! Yum-O!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit