Is it the JW's or the God of the bible you no longer believe?

by reniaa 407 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Reading the Bible was an important part of my life since I can remember. Understanding it was another thing. That's why I readily took up the Bible study offer from JW's. Over time I did learn alot, but it's man's, (JW's), interpretations that have proved false to me and not the God of the Bible.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Both. I think Christianity misinterprets the higher power to be an actual being, and in reality it is the energy of life itself and they want to worship it with the idol of a man, when they should really see it for what it is LIFE or SPIRIT!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

It is the JW's I do not believe.

Thinking of becoming a witness again and be warned my questioning posts reflect this.

DON'T DO IT !

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

reniaa Jesus didn't come to make the law easyer to follow or obey. He showed that it is impossible!

do I consider myself rightous?

I dont consider my self "selfrighteous". I've been given righteousness by Christ's deeds, not my deeds.

.....heck no i'm a lowly sinner always striving against the flesh, much in the same way Paul mentions but he from all accounts had more success than I did :)

Rom 7:15

For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

Paul didn't "strive" againt the flesh, he considered it dead.

Rom 6:11

Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Rom 7:9

I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.

Rom 7:23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

Rom 8:6

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Why not do as Paul did?

Rom 6:14

For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Rom 8:13

for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. 18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Just remember, what the Law (or law keeping, Old Testament or New) could not do, God did by sending His own Son.

Rom 8:3

For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..I`m waiting.....................Make no mistake!....I am Extremely Patient!!.........LOL!!.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi Outlaw well you got the only answers you get from me on your loaded question but let me ask you one, If your all telling me christmas isn't pagan because no one remembers its pagan roots, doesn't it by the same token no longer become christian when it loses any pretense to christianity and becomes a feast day to santa and prezzies called Xmas? Reniaa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Christmas is definitely a secular holiday. People say put the Christ back in Christmas, but in reality it never was there.

I'm not JW now but grew up as one, and as such did not develop a fondness for the holiday. So now I can "take it or leave it". However, I feel that it's a good time to get together with family and friends -- whether or not actual gifts are exchanged.

I'm quite certain that the real (although not public) reason the WT Society bans Christmas is because they don't want JW's to have close ties to their worldly relatives. It's all about separation from the supposedly-worldly influence of people 'not in the truth'.

Any other explanation they give is just noise they make to distract from the real reason.

The WTS picks and chooses what pagan-originated things their followers can or cannot enjoy. Holidays -- no. Wedding rings - yes. Calendars - yes. Pinata parties -- conscience decision.

See what I mean? They're not at all consistent, except in that they want to build an artificial wall between their followers and outsiders including non-JW family members.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi Razor ehhh thank you I think but if you want a good debator you should look up third witness, lol I'm a newbie compared to him/them

hi deputy dog your scriptures are ones I agree with certainly that no amount of good works on our part could save us before jesus is a given but does that mean we assumed as saved people we a no longer have to avoid sinning?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Reniaa: no need to role your eyes here with emoticons.

This post is written with good intent; no sarcasm will be put forth by me, period.

I can't prove it anymore than I should refrain from ridicule.

That is what I shall do.

That is the proper thing to do under the circumstances.

(on my behalf)

Carry on without interruption.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa...I have not been online all weekend and am not going to reply to anything past that was written by others here...I will jump in right here...

you said

hi deputy dog your scriptures are ones I agree with certainly that no amount of good works on our part could save us before jesus is a given but does that mean we assumed as saved people we a no longer have to avoid sinning?

My answer....I do believe in once saved always saved. Let me explain. When one is truly saved they WILL NOT intentionally sin. Yes, they may slip up and fall back into sin...but they will not cherish sin. They will look at sin differently. They will try to avoid sinning. Not that I am judge...but in a scenario where one claims to be saved yet constantly goes back into sin INTENTIONALLY AND CHERISHES IT...I would then question whether they are truly saved.

Salvation itself is a free gift...not earned or brought about in any way, shape or form by works. Works do not earn us favor before Jehovah with the hopes that at judgment day he will feel we did enough so can make it in. It is faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit