Is it the JW's or the God of the bible you no longer believe?

by reniaa 407 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

True like Sacolton said. We are set free in Christ and not slaves to rules of men anymore.

About the suicide rate going up at Christmas time, well the WT should publish how many Jehovah's Witnesses commit suicide annually as compared to people of other faiths. Most of these in direct relation to them being a JW and cracking under the pressure of it. Or, because they were unjustly kicked out of the org and shunned because of the JW Pharisees.

I was in the WT for a decade and knew of at least 4 suicides. One was a year before I left when a young sister with three kids under the age of 4 offed herself with sleeping pills while hubby was at work and she was alone with the poor kids. I also know of at least 3 other attempts at suicide. Funny how when I was in the world for 23 years I never knew of one person in my circle of friends or church that tried to kill themselves.

Peace to you, Lilly

• carla
    carla

Sacolton is right but jw's cannot understand that concept. To live in or for Christ is a completely foreign concept. Are jw's aware of that script you used? I used it on my jw once and he nearly had a heart attack, 'celebrate a new moon??!!!' If it wasn't so sad that he did not know it or believe me, it would have been quite humorous to see his reaction.

Jw's do need all their silly rules because they are basically taught to be selfish and think only of themselves and how they can save their own butt. A Christian does not go wild without rules and regulations out of love for their Savior. Much like a young man in love does not purposely live to piss off the love of his life but rather wants to please her. Jw's do not understand love.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@reniaa - immorality is specifically mentioned in the Bible. Xmas, politics, gambling and the other sundry habits/practices the WTS rules on often aren't.

Christians aren't under rules or laws like the Jews.

Putting screwing around on the same level as celebrating your kid's birthday is, once again, classic WTS logic.

Isn't reasoning with JWs tiring?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is my guideline: Whatever volitional act is good for myself or society is morally correct, and whatever volitonal act is bad for myself or society is morally bad. Anything else is personal preference and I do what I feel like.

And if it happens to be in line with the Bible, so be it. If not, oh well.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Here is a link to the article "Its a myth, Suicide does not increase on Holidays", http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318467,00.html

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is the God of the Bible that I no longer believe in.
    My examination of JW's took me right into a complete examination of the Bible.

Even for those that cling to the Bible, they recognize that it can be used to say anything.
    Not all view it as a "rule book" but many recognize it as a great guide for general living.
    As far as rules go, Jesus did not say that fornicators or lottery ticket purchasers would be
    condemned to eternal torment. Avoiding politics- tell me what the Bible says about that
    without going to JW references.

Many can find comfort in the philosophical view of the Bible and of Jesus, and "do unto others as
    they would have others do unto them."

While I reject the Bible, I see that others who are not even Christians join the Christians in
    their huge Christmas celebration. I can join in the festiveness of such holidays even if I don't
    actually celebrate the same religious beliefs. I wish for peace on earth all the time. If others
    choose late December to practice gift giving, I am just going along. No need to smite me or
    others that "go along" for such a reason.

The first thing I learned to do while getting a new prospective on life after JWism was to stop
    judging others. Even if you or I feel a certain way (holidays are wrong, gambling is wrong, politics
    is not for Christians, etc.) we have no right to judge others who feel differently. Make an
    examination for yourself, do what you feel is right, avoid doing what you feel is wrong, don't insist
    that all others share your view.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

extremely well said OTWO......

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Is it the JW's or the God of the bible you no longer believe?

The JW's.

They are an apostate cult.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Many say how good it is to be free of the oppressiveness of the JW's that they can now enjoy the freedom to... have sex, celebrate christmas, gamble, embrace politics etc

Have sex? Yep, with my husband. Christmas? Yep, do that too. Gamble? Nah, have no interest in it but I love the cheap buffets. Embrace politics? Well yeah, I've been voting since 1988.

It is good to be free of the tower. Oh, by the way I am a baptised Christian and my dear hubby just got baptised last Sunday.

Josie

• Open mind
    Open mind

I have been a hopeless calf worshiper since age 12.

At least now I can freely own up to it.

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v