What TV Shows Do You Think Are Overrated or Simply Not That Good?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

And one more thing....Murder She Wrote!.......Obviously she is a Serial Killer covering for her own crimes....how many old ladies witness or solve a murder once a week NONE that's how many.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oprah. Can't stand her show. Cant stand her.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sex in the City Oprah

• Mary
    Mary

• Sex in the City
    • Deal or No Deal (I don't know why, but this show irritates the hell out of me)
    • Extreme Makeover Home Edition (I used to like this show when it first started out and they simply fixed a house up or put an addition on. Then they started going mental and now the tear down small homes and put gigantic ones up-----houses that most well-to-do people couldn't afford)
    • Flip this House (again, I liked this show when it first started, but now there's a thousand copy cats and every single one of them are so melodramatic that it's ridiculous. Rather than just flipping the damn house, they all have this just before each commercial: ".....Coming up: 'I can't see how we're going to make our deadline!' 'I'm so pissed right now' "That was his responsibility!" "We are SO overbudget" "If we don't sell this house in the next week, we could lose everything!"
    • Mantracker
    • What's that stupid one with Paris Hilton and her stick-figure friend Nicole Richie? Two useless twats who would starve if they lived in any other country.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't think of these shows as being overrated, they've just never peaked my interest:

Heroes

Gray's Anatomy

Nip and Tuck

Mad Men

Lost

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I want my Hitler Channel back dangit.

Hear, hear!! The History Channel is starting to go the way of The Learning Channel and the Discovery Channel by putting on ratings-grabbing but off-topic programming (Ice Road Truckers). TLC used to be a science-oriented channel, now it is a What Not to Wear and Trading Spaces channel. Mythbusters, I suppose,is what prevented the Discovery Channel from going the same way, although it still puts on a lot of dreck these days. NatGeo is the last real bastion for (light) science documentaries but lately I have seen a bit of counterprogramming there as well (Dog Whisperer, anyone?).

• Aculama
    Aculama

Skulley, I agree, yes sireeee, amen!

• Aculama
    Aculama

Skully not Sculley....sorry!

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think that Jay Leno is overrated, and like Letterman more. Heroes is a product placement nightmare, with very little story ever told. CSI:Miami is just lame! I like the normal CSI thought. I think Big Brother is boring boring boring. There are so many.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I thought West Wing was the most pretentious show in the history of television. I think all reality shows pretty much suck. Amazing Race is ok, the rest are lame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit