What TV Shows Do You Think Are Overrated or Simply Not That Good?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I thought Seinfeld was ok but not great.

Fighting words?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Friends, Seinfeld, and The Sopranos. (Yes...I can't stand The Sopranos!!!)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Stupid so-called reality shows.

• chickpea
    chickpea

anything that has "reality" as its premise!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Friends - ugh. I have no patience for comedies about beautiful, impeccably dressed, impeccably-furnished-and-oh-so-trendily-decorated-apartment-dwelling urban singles living seemingly responsibility-free lives.

Law and Order - the dialog kills me. People don't converse in that staccato way!

The Office - Michael has said/done some things that made me laugh as hard as I've ever laughed at anything, but the romantic will-they-won't-they buildup between Pam and Jim that they've tried to make a selling point of the show ruins it for me. Jim is smug and he reminds me way too much of a former coworker that I disliked greatly. And Pam is no great catch.

M*A*S*H - I've been a captive audience to a couple of reruns recently due to my not having possession of the remote, and that show just plain wasn't funny.

That 70's show - the appeal eludes me entirely.

My Name is Earl - don't tell my sister that I don't think it's funny, ever.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

American Idol, Survivor and all reality shows. Totally boring to me. I don't get it, I'd pick a book over any of them (and do). We dropped most programming (except the network shoes and only them because they gave us a really good deal). We have Netflix, watch the occasional network show and mostly we read. I sort of feel out of sync with the rest of the world, but I'm not watching dumb stuff just to have something in common with other people. I get the appeal, I don't see anything wrong with it if that's your thing, it just doesn't work for me.

• John Doe
    John Doe

"a day in the life of minimus" was boring beyond all human comprehension.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Don't watch TV; don't waste my time in that manner.

• shamus100
    shamus100

berrylblue,

Marry me! Oh wait, you're the wrong sex...

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm at the point that just about the only things I can watch are Antiques Roadshow, Ask This Old House, and Masterpiece Theatre. Here I am, paying for cable, and everything I watch is on PBS, which I could get with an antenna, if I had one.

Oh, except I do get a kick out of the Colbert Report.

I do enjoy watching BookTV on C-Span.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE:

2 1/2 Men

Friends

King of Queens

Yes, Dear (the worst sitcom of all time)

South Park, which used to be funny but has become beyond stupid.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit