What TV Shows Do You Think Are Overrated or Simply Not That Good?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I used to love Boston Legal. Now I think it's utterly ridiculous! Too too wacky for me.

The Steve Wilkos Show is too much of Steve screaming at child molesters and wife beaters! Why anyone would go on his show is beyond me!

I never was interested in Murder She Wrote.

Conan O'Brien sucks IMHO.

Who don't you like??

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I hated Friends. I never found it funny at all.

• Aculama
    Aculama

I feel a large percentage are nothing but junk. I miss Wild Kingdom on Saturday nights when I was a kid.

• undercover
    undercover

Having watched series on HBO and other pay cable stations, I've found that most network shows are just not that good. The production value is not near as high as it is on the pay cable stations. The network shows have to fit in a narrow time constraint (gotta get those commercials in) and it hurts how the story can be told. And they have to hook you before every commercial break instead of just letting the story progress on its own. Censorship doesn't help either (can you see Tony Soprano being as realistic on CBS?). Watching shows on HBO is likeing watching mini-movies instead of a television show. HBO's ad line is true, "It's not TV, it's HBO".

There are exceptions however. The Office is very good (though a rip-off of the British version). I like "Earl" though it gets tedious as times. I can't think of any dramas that have kept me coming back more than two episodes in the last few years. Lost started off pretty good, but got ridiculous pretty quick.

Almost all reality shows are over-rated and not that good. Even Survivor is not interesting anymore. Dancing with the Stars is okay but predictable (pretty girls in skimpy outfits is the saving grace for me on that one). I hate, I mean hate American Idol.

The best show I've seen recently is on basic cable. Basic cable scored a coup with Mad Men. That show beats about any show on network television hands down. I would have loved to have seen Mad Men on pay cable. Imagine how much grittier it could have been.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

2 and half men

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Office

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

AMERICAN IDOL

• shamus100
    shamus100

The office is hilarious if you get into it and if you have that sense of humour.

Other than the office, Kenny Vs Spenny, and the odd Family Guy there is nothing on. Survivorman is neat (if you get it in your country), but that's about it.

Curb your Enthusiasm is another good one - haven't seen any new episodes for a while.

• Scully
    Scully

Grey's Anatomy
    Sex in the City
    Friends
    any and all of the singing/dancing/talent-seeking competition shows
    reality™ TV: all of it, utter crap

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Heroes

Share this

Google+